LII

(AHHH ITS ONLY BEEN FIVE DAYS AND WE ARE ALREADY PAST 500K❓❓)

right as you and tubbo left the white house, dream was quick to ask you questions. where you had been, what schlatt had wanted, if you were alright, and how your bruise was doing. tubbo had shortly left after that to do his own thing, but he didn't leave without whispering to you and asking if it was safe to be around dream to which you said yes. you had the sense that dream being all over you was making him uncomfortable.

"it's only been a day, dream. now go away, i have stuff to do." you said after brushing dream's questioning off with quick one word answers. nowhere, nothing, yes, and alright were what you had answered with. "sure you do." dream disbelieved. you had started making you way towards the burnt down podium, dream following you.

"i do, actually. i need to rebuild the stage. schlatt's got 'something big planned.'" you used a mocking voice when you quoted schlatt. "what is it?" dream asked, interested.

"no idea. if i knew, it would be classified information that i still wouldn't tell you."

"how come?"

"why do you think, dream? you sided with schlatt."

"i'm sorry, i take it back. this isn't how schlatt told me he was going to rule. he's no wilbur. i just want him gone at this point."

you rolled your eyes.

:-:-:-:-:-:

it was now early evening. it had taken you long to rebuild the stage because you had to destroy the remains of the oak planks and build it again with cobbestone. you were now finishing up by adding small touches to make it look nicer.

"y/n? want help?" dream asked you. you were on a short tower of wood and was trying to tie up a curtain to the rods at the top of the stage. dream was standing below you, ready to hand you anything that you needed. you didn't answer and leant over the edge of the block, determined to finish up with the purple curtains.

that's when you lost your balance and toppled forward. you gasped, ready to fall face first into the cobblestone below you.

fortunately, you were less than seven blocks in the air and dream was able to catch you as you would still take a lot of damage if you directly hit the floor. unfortunately, he wasn't paying attention and was caught by surprise and stumbled backwards, ending up having to kneel on the ground to stay steady with you in his arms so that he didn't fall off the stage and drag you down with him. you had wrapped your arms around his neck and had nuzzled your nose beneath his jaw, being careful not to irritate your bruise.

you both stayed quiet for a moment, you feeling safe and dream happy that you were safe.

"you're okay?" dream broke the peaceful silence. "only because you were here." you snickered nervously, not sure what to say. "finally happy to have me around?" you could almost hear dream smiling. "maybe." you raised your head, your nose nearly touching dream's mask.

you jumped and scrambled away from dream as schlatt's unexpected voice startled you from below. it hadn't occurred to you that anyone walking past could see you and dream, who's smile had fallen when you had backed away from him.

"whooo! lover boy finally stopped being a pussy and made a move!" schlatt cheered, his voice fake and forced. you rose to your feet, louring down at him.

"what do you want?" you snapped back, dream also standing. he started picking up the items that you had dropped, like half of the curtain that had fallen down and the string. he looked and seemed preoccupied or distracted. "why, i just came to see what progress you made and it seems you're almost finished!" you didn't believe him, but you weren't going to ponder on it. "it looks great, y/n. i'm happy i had you to do it instead of tubbo. you never fail to make me proud." your glare quickly changed into a smile that you knew you shouldn't show. schlatt never applauded anyone else, so you were happy with his words of praise. dream, on the other hand, was not.

"come on, y/n. unless schlatt wants to keep distracting you and do it himself, lets finish up." dream said impatiently. he was holding up the half of the curtain that was hanging from the rod above. "i'll put them up this time. i don't want you falling again." he volunteered himself. dream had already begun placing blocks beneath him and towering up, clearly annoyed with schlatt's presence and how he had taken your attention so easily.

-

you thanked dream for helping you when he came down. schlatt had left after trying multiple times to start a conversation with you. before you had started rebuilding, you had placed down a normal chest because you had lost your enderchest and dropped off some tools that you didn't think you would need. you thought it would save space. your sword was in the chest because dream was with you and manberg was relatively monster-free.

dream had decided to be a comedian and withhold your sword from you, like he had done with george that one time. "hand it over. i want to go home." you demanded, watching as dream carelessly swung it around.

dream hummed, as if he was thinking about it. "hm. if you want it, you should come take it from me yourself." he prompted as he held the sword by the blade and stuck the hilt out to you. "you're just going to keep holding it away from me." you complained as dream did exactly that when you reached out to take your blade from him. "i thought you wanted it, y/n." you sighed, now running at him to take the weapon back as he backed up. dream put his hand on your face and pushed you back, preventing you from coming closer. "you're so cute. catch me and you can have it back." you didn't know if you should have felt complimented or offended but you didn't have time to think about it as dream ran off on you and towards the closest forest.

——————————————————
1069 words
hey dresus 🧎‍♀️me again 🧎‍♀️asking for enemies to lovers slowburn... 🧎‍♀️irl..