XXXIII

you three had quickly given up on building the sewer that tommy planned to build. night had fallen, and now you and tubbo were watching tommy build a sign in the sky that read "POG2020" out of cobblestone near the embassy.

"uh.. don't fall?" you cupped your hands around your mouth to make your voice louder. (how else do i describe doing that megaphone thing with your hands). either tommy ignored you or didn't hear you. you were holding the new sword you had made yourself tightly in your hand. you were on dream's land, and he could appear at anytime.

"it looks good, tommy❗️" tubbo shouted. "might want to come down now❗️" tubbo held a bucket of water in one hand as tommy started breaking the blocks beneath him incase he lost balance and fell. "god, it looks beautiful." tommy said once he reached the ground and joined you and tubbo. "yep, gotta agree with that one." you nodded. "should we go home now❓ wilbur might get mad that we've been-" "tubbo, wilbur won't get angry. we're promoting our campaign, and dream said we were allowed on his land." tommy reminded, you adding in saying that he's right. "but, yeah. let's go." you followed behind tommy as he led the way home, talking about being upset he didn't get the discs back but happy l'manberg got you back to talking about how women love him. you listened but wasn't paying much attention to what he wad saying. you were too distracted by some rustling you had heard behind a bush. neither tubbo nor tommy noticed it, so you deemed it was just your imagination.

"i'm going to head to bed now, i need to catch up on some sleep." even though you had just taken a nap a few hours ago, you said that anyways. in reality, you just wanted a moment to yourself to think. "night y/n❗️" tubbo said, tommy joining in with a less enthusiastic "good night."

you laid on your bed, staring up at the ceiling.

you knew that dream had been a terrible person. he had kidnapped you and then lied to you about your friends being killed. despite all that, he had still tried so hard to befriend you and put in an attempt to make you happy. he had even flirted with you and called you, in different ways, pretty. he even looked very upset when you betrayed him and left.

no. you're not feeling guilty about this. he was being a dickhead.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

you were awoken abruptly by some loud commotion happening just outside the l'manberg walls.
"what the hell..❓" you muttered as you went to see what was going on. of course it was quackity, tubbo, tommy, and wilbur. surprisingly, fundy, george and sapnap were also there. seeing george and sapnap sent you into a small panic. there was also another person you didn't know. they were wearing a multicoloured hoodie with a turquoise swirl on the front, the letters K and J on the back, and had brown hair. you could barely see george's eyes through the dark lenses of his glasses staring at you like he was thinking before turning back go what was going on, and sapnap kept glancing at you. you made sure to keep your distance.

on the black walls, there were signs with stuff written on them.
"i have to clarify that i have not been unbanned on-" and then some unintelligible words were written on a sign.
"i cannot stop fucking you guys,"
and
"i have the sudden urge to gary,"
were some honourable mentions. to you, none of these phrases made sense.

"tommy, listen- listen to me tommy. i am just- you are being so immature. you and will are being so immature about this election." quackity said as he was reading the many signs plastered on the walls, earning a loud laugh from tommy. "you started off by taking me to a defamation wall. this is what it is, tommy❗️a defamation wall❗️" quackity whipped around to face tommy and wilbur angrily, who were both trying to stifle a laugh. "you know what❓ let's set up a debate right now. let's set up a debate." quackity's words sounded like a challenge. "thank you, i have a request." wilbur said quickly, his words almost unintelligible.
(word of the day)
what was he thanking quackity for❓ the group started moving along a path that apparently led towards the way to get to tubbo's courthouse. you didn't even know he was a courthouse. you followed suit, sticking close to wilbur and tommy at the front of the crowd. you kept glancing back to sapnap and george at the back, who were staring at you and whispering to each other. "yes❓" quackity asked. "do you have a running mate❓" when wilbur asked this, quackity stopped and waited for george and sapnap to catch up. "yes❗️ he's right here❗️ mr. georgenotfound is my running mate." he grabbed onto george's arm, who awkwardly stopped in his tracks. "don't go near them, they might be up to something." wilbur leaned over and whispered to you. "wait, what❓" he l'manberg president wasn't happy this sudden announcement. "you guys didn't know that probably my running mate is georgenotfound❓" even quackity didn't seem sure of himself. "that's not good, that's not good." you could hear wilbur talking to himself quietly. "he's wearing the clout right now, wilbur❗️" quackity pointed both hands at george's face, which had an awkward and uncomfortable expression on it. "ohhh no, he's got clout goggles on❗️" tommy sounded sarcastic, so you couldn't tell if he meant it or not. "okay, okay❗️ how about this, how about this, big q❓ as well as me and you having a debate, how about george and tommy have a debate as well afterwards❓" wilbur proposed. "what about schlatt❓" you asked. "haven't seen him all morning. he's missing out." someone told you. schlatts been missing all morning❓ you didn't mind that whatsoever. quackity agreed with what wilbur said, and you were all following tubbo, who seemed to appear out of nowhere, to his courthouse one again.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

"who came up with the idea of having such a narrow path so high up in the sky⁉️" you complained, snickering as wilbur nearly shoved george off of the cobblestone path, in the sky, almost to his death. this wasn't nerve wracking or anxiety inducing at all. "he tripped❗️ he tripped❗️you all saw it, he tripped." everyone had noticed wilbur pushing george halfheartedly. "oh, that was me❗️i built it." tubbo piped up. "great idea, tubbo❗️ i love the risk of falling to my death if i ever need to go to court❗️" sarcasm at its greatest.

once everyone had entered the cobblestone building, wilbur pulled tommy into a separate room. you resorted to clinging to tubbo and telling him about your sapnap-and-george worries.

"gentlemen and gentlewoman." wilbur started as he returned, tommy following. he got a couple of greetings. "fundy i need to ask you." he stared at his son hopefully as he and tommy went to one side of the courtroom. you followed. "this is your moment to choose, fundy. do you take your father, or.. big q."

fundy started to say that he wanted to join in as a solo candidate, but was told he missed his chance and the idea was shot down immediately. "wilbur, i've seen what you can do. i've seen your leadership, but there's one thing you're missing out on. i have a bakery and i can deliver cookies and ice cream." someone who couldn't be identified gasped. "i don't have much more, but that i do have." wilbur reminded his son that he missed the ballot.

"fellas, what fundy doesn't want to tell you is that he supports me. he himself told me that he wanted-" "fundy, is this true❓" tommy was eager to know. "do you have cookies and ice cream❓" once fundy's question was given the yes by quackity, he turned to wilbur and tommy. "i support quackity." you gasped. "fundy, how could you⁉️" you blurted. george and quackity started cheering as tommy and wilbur went silent. they had won over the president's son.  "im ready to debate you. i'm ready to debate you quackity." tubbo went up and stood at his podium at the front of the room when wilbur said this, marking the start of the debate.

——————————————————
i would have written out the debate in this chapter but im tired 😟 🤚
1420 words