LXIII

(some of you not being able to pronounce trinitrotoluene is so funny to me abhshashhsushs also who the hell is jimmy i dont remember a jimmy)

"stay with me in my room tonight? please?" dream basically begged. gently tugging you towards his door.

"no." you whispered in return, a rough edge to your tone. you weren't tired, you just wanted to go to your room and wait for an opportunity to sneak out. you needed to find a place to plant the tnt without dream continuously watching over your shoulder. but with him holding tightly onto your hand like he did the entire trek home you weren't given the chance to.

"i was worried when you didn't come home." part of you wanted to stay with him when he said this. you would feel warm and comfortable. and safe, too. something you haven't felt for a little while.

"but i-"

"please?"

you gave him a sharp glare. "fine. i'll put up with you for tonight and tonight only." you hissed at him. you let dream drag you to his bed, hesitantly pull off his mask, and get under the blankets before saying, "alright. night. i'm going to my room." you squeaked as dream pulled you into the bed by your waist.

"you said you would stay here and i'm holding you to that." dream started to situate himself. he laid you down beside him with your arms hugging his side. dream nuzzled his nose into your neck and draped and arm over you. you could feel him sigh against your skin. it was comforting, you will admit, but you had stuff you wanted to do.

"but dream, i want to go back to my bed." you complained in a whiny voice. "let me up." he didn't let you. "you're too clingy." you heard dream softly laugh. "well, my love, maybe if you weren't so pretty i wouldn't be 'too clingy.'" you could hear the tiredness in dream's voice. you rolled your eyes at his flattering. he was in this mood. the one where he felt the need to compliment you every other minute. not that it annoyed you. praise was nice every once in awhile.

"i thought schlatt had done something to you when you didn't show up earlier." it was a weird time for dream to drop that on you. you hummed in response in a questioning way. "i don't.. i don't trust him. i know that all those marks and bruises are from him." dream said.

"why didn't you say anything before?" you asked. "i was waiting for you to tell me yourself. and you never did. you tell techno and tommy and all of them, though." you felt dream tense up. "you don't trust me, but you just met techno and you already tell him everything." techno hadn't kidnapped you and forced you to live with him, so it should be obvious as to why you told him a lot and trusted him quickly.

"of course i trust you. it's just different with pogtopia." you didn't want to say much, but dream wanted to know more. "different?" he asked. "i've known them longer. and with techno, he didn't kidnap me or wage war on my nation like some green guy did." you felt dream relax as you tried to lighten the mood. "this green guy was trying to protect you because he thought he would have to wage a second war on your nation and didn't want you getting hurt." you couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. you also let yourself relax as dream carefully ran a hand through your hair, not wanting to pull roughly at any knots and hurt you.

"sleep well. i'll see you in the morning." dream yawned quietly as he closed his eyes. you didn't do the same. you didn't feel tired. "i love you." he whispered sleepily, placing a gentle kiss on your jaw. you felt the heat rush to your face. you never reacted well to people showering you with affection.