XXV

(that poggers moment when you dont have motivation to do anything for three nights and then feel like youre letting a bunch of strangers on the internet down 😌 ✌️)
(ALSO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR 50K READS THAT IS VERY SWAG YOU ARE ALL VERY SWAG VERY POGCHAMP)

two days have passed since dream let you listen to the discs. you had told wilbur when he visited yesterday (ive forgotten so just go with it haha), and he was happy, saying he would return soon and hopefully with some plans.

now it was the late evening, and you were sitting with dream, sapnap, and george, outside like normal adults would.

semi-normal adults.

you couldn't believe these men were adults.
(honestly same)

they were fun to talk with, almost always being funny, dissing the others, and acting like children like they were doing now. you couldn't blame them, though. you acted a lot like them, especially with tommy and tubbo, who could still count as kids.

you were mostly listening to them have their banter and laughing at them. occasionally, you did join in to add something you claimed was funny or side against someone. whenever you threw a smart remark at dream, he would act sad whilst sapnap and george cheered you on. you felt powerful whenever that happened. (POP OFF QUEEN-) just like now.

"wow. i see where the brain damage comes from now." you snorted once dream had finished talking about how he nearly died whilst going on a small scavenger hunt with his sister years ago. (haha geocaching story go brrr)
(I JUST ALMOST ACCIDENTLY DELETED THIS ENTIRE CHATPER)
"dream. you're being destroyed by a random girl you picked up off the streets. get yourself together." sapnap gave dream a disappointed looked as george made a long "oh" sound. dream put on a fake sad face and crossed his arms. "oh, come on, sapnap. she's so much more scarier than you are. not surprising, actually. the only comeback you ever use is a "your mom" joke." baby raging. "excuse me? "your mom" jokes are hilarious. i'm hilarious."
"look everyone! we have a comedic genius here! let's bow down to him, shall we?"
"aww, dreamie, you know me so well! i am a comedic genius."
"bitch is so dense he can't even detect sarcasm with that smooth brain."
""your mom" jokes are funny, i think."
you added on, sapnap thanking you for saying so. "y/n, you'll agree with whatever side i'm not on, so shut up." dream snapped, though you could tell he wasn't being serious. "i can't believe you'd think so lowly of me! dream!" you gasped.
"y/n!"
"sapnap!" sapnap said happily, causing a moment of silence. "moving swiftly along." george spoke up. "a couple days ago i saw dream trying to get george to say "i love you.""  you needed a conversation starter, and this was the perfect opportunity to embarrass the two. sapnap laughed, his gaze flickering between dream and george, who were both glaring at you. "that's cap." george claimed, which you replied with, "no cap. i walked in on it. was not a very pleasant experience, 0/10" you had been standing there like 🧍‍♀️ when you had first walked in on the scene. dream didn't say anything at all. it looked like his stare was locked on you through the mask as if he was lost in thought. you ignored him.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

sapnap and george had left to go to bed, leaving you were dream. when you had started getting cold, you complained whilst saying you wanted to go inside. you all finally did, and you were happy again. "oh my god, finally sapnap's gone. normal conversations can happen now." dream waited for the sound of sapnap's doors closing to say something, but you were convinced he really didn't care if his friend heard him. you laughed softly at this. you were tired as well, but didn't want to follow the two upstairs and look like you were avoiding dream, which you would have done. "y/n, you're funny." dream's voice had lowered. you did the same, not wanting to disturb the potentially sleeping people upstairs. "thanks. you too." dream decided to pop a very sudden question on you.

"do you actually want to stay here? you've stopped crying about wanting to be back in l'manberg." a confused look painted your face. "i've talked about this. i've started to like it here. something is always happening, you're all very interesting to talk to, and i'm not scared of my nation and home being oppressed anymore. i just don't like being trapped in this place all day, everyday." you brought your legs up on the couch beside you. dream, who was beside you, moved away to give you space, though he seemed reluctant. "i trust you, really but i still don't want you running to visit l'manberg when i'm not with you if you're outside." that seems like a really bad excuse, but don't question it.
"why would i return to l'manberg? this is my home now, and i like it here." you sounded overly cheery, and dream picked up on that. he slowly nodded.
"...yeah. i also don't want you getting hurt or getting lost if i'm not with you."
"i can protect myself. i can use a sword."
"i know, but i hate seeing you hurt and crying. it hurts me even more."
...what? you barely heard his whisper, but acted like you didn't. "guess i'll be stuck here until i die." you shrugged. "why are you so paranoid about me being alone?" you asked. you had wanted to know for a bit now.

dream always seemed worried when he found you alone, which was usually when you were outside tending to some flowers, and reluctant to letting you carry on with what you were doing if you were having fun with sapnap or george when he wasn't around. yet, he had left you home alone a couple times. (i think idk i dont want to go back and read my own chapters) this guy was confusing. you leaned sideways and rested your head on the high couch arm. "because. i worry a lot for my friends." you scoffed. "really? doesn't seem like it."
"no, really, i do. you, sapnap, and george are like family to me."
"you've only just met me this month."
"true, but it was enough time to form a
lo- a liking for you."
you smiled, letting a small yawn escape your body. he trusted you. great, this is what you wanted. "tired? you should go to bed. it's late." you nodded. "goddamn, this couch is comfy." dream stood up, catching your attention. "i think i may go to bed as well. i'm also a bit tired." with that, dream leaned down and- why is he picking me up? i can walk. i'm not disabled.

he picked you up. "dream, down. let me walk." you didn't squirm to escape, afraid you or him would fall down the ascending stairs.

dream placed you on your bed when he reached your room, with you pouting. "goodnight, y/n." you sighed, acting like you were annoyed. "night, dream."

——————————————————-
haha shitty chapter go brrr
1205 words