LXXIII

"holy shit!" tommy shouted as he was welcomed into the room that held the button that could obliterate manberg at any moment. piles of tnt were piled up along the walls and the signs that had the lyrics to the l'manberg anthem inscribed on them made it seem like the stone walls could evocatively sing the historic song themselves.

you stared at that stupid wooden button that was connected to hundreds of tnt and that stupid wooden button stared right back at you, wordlessly enticing you to press it and finish this war you've been fighting all this time.

"hey. please don't press that button." wilbur gestured towards the button you were having a staring contest with. "and i mean that, y/n. don't. press. this. button."  tommy and quackity were too busy screaming and gasping their lungs out to care about what wilbur was saying.

"what the fuck is this?!" quackity asked like it was his first time hearing about yours and wilbur's plans to destroy manberg. you remembered this was his first time hearing about this and mentally slapped yourself.

you heard tommy mumble loudly to quackity, "don't let either of them fucking press it!"

"tommt, big q, we are happy to announce that we have gone out of our way.. wait. quackity, you don't know about this plan. you haven't heard anything about this." wilbur half reminded himself whilst quackity shook his head.

"no! i was busy helping schlatt run a country and plan an event!"

"we were gonna blow it up." you said, standing beside the button. quackity's mouth fell open as he gasped.

"dream gave us about four stacks of tnt, which are laying under manberg, and then me and y/n grinded for more." wilbur started explaining. "this button his connected to redstone and repeaters that will ignite and blow up the entire nation."

"along with everyone and everything inside of it." you added. "i was so excited about blowing up the festival, but then you came around and screwed me over." you rudely jabbed a finger in quackity's direction.

"i wanted to bring you two here because i wanted to make sure you two bear witness the destruction. we missed the chance at the festival because of techno and you. the festival was our chance to blow it all up and we missed our chance.. can you please stop?" wilbur told tommy off for destroying the piles of tnt. "and i was thinking, with us missing our chance at the festival, y/n now being fully healed, and schlatt being in manberg as he always is, what would be a better time then now to eradicate him and the nation? right now, we can do what we finally said we were gonna do." wilbur monologued.

"no, no, wilbur, y/n.. i can't believe y/ns in on this as well.." quackity crept up beside you and wilbur and started pushing you away from the button. "listen, listen, blowing up manberg-"

"we may have missed our chance, but not now!" wilbur said loudly. "wilbur, wilbur, keep it down. nobody closed up the tunnel." tommy begged.

you shoved quackity away from you and into the wall behind him in response to him pushing you, telling him to 'fuck off.'

"i'm not keeping it down. there's no point! we'll all be dead soon! it doesn't matter!" wilbur shouted. this brought a happy smile to your face. "what do you mean? why soon?" tommy asked.

"of course we're all going to die soon. we are trapped in a tiny, hard to escape room in the nation that's about to be blown to smithereens. there's no way we won't die." quackity and tommy were clearly disturbed by your excitement over this whilst wilbur cheered you on by saying 'that's the spirit!'