XX

(boogie time 💃)

(AHHAHAHAAHH FLUFFY CHAPTER MIGHT GO BRRR MAYBE IDK YOU DECIDE)

you gasped as you awoke and quickly sat up. it was the middle of the night, and you had awoken in a cold sweat. a nightmare had snuck itself into your once peaceful dream.
(WHY IS IT TRYING TO AUTOCORRECT "INTO" INTO INTOXICATED??)
you were back in l'manberg, but it was quiet, and it was like a calm evening. it had looked beautiful. flowers, animals, and nothing was blown up. the ground and van were all fully intact. once you stepped foot into the camaravan, everything changed.

there was dark, sticky blood everywhere. the mangled dead bodies of your past comrade were dropped lazily on the floor. it was gruesome. you wanted to retreat out of the van, but you know how dreams are. they never let you leave rooms. you were stuck as the sickly red liquid started filling up the van as a terrifyingly slow pace. slowly but surely, you had ran out of air to breath.

others may have had much more horrifying nightmares, but you had never coped well with bad dreams. you took deep breaths in an attempt to calm yourself, and surprisingly, it worked. you tried to fall asleep again, but the worry that that dream would repeat itself scared you.

(the shrek halloween movie gave 4yo me nightmares about the gingerbread man army and the waffle in the shower 🥵)

it was no use. once you were up, you were up. even if it was the witching hour👋😂👍 you shoved your face into your pillow, let out an exasperated groan, then rolled quietly off the side of the bed, complaining when you had barely hit your head on the bed frame. you needed to do something to get your mind off of things. you pulled yourself over to the door and put your ear against it, listening to see if anyone was awake. nope. nothing. no footsteps, no talking. it was silent, and kind of unnerving. this place was never silent. you pushed yourself up and off the ground and checked to see if the door was locked. great, it wasn't. you didn't plan a great escape this time. you just had to be some that wasn't laying in a bed and not being able to sleep.

because you had such great luck😄, the door didn't creak when you slowly inched it open. you stepped out into the dark, eerie hallway, and made your way downstairs. it had to have taken you at least five-to-ten minutes to reach the first floor since you were afraid of waking anybody. you had been a bit lazy with those last steps, so that probably ruined everything. fantastic. you had even jumped and forced yourself to stop from screaming when the dark figure of a cat that you didn't even know was here darted by your feet.

pissbaby

dream was an extremely light sleeper. he had policed himself to be one. when you travelled through extremely sketchy areas alone, you had to make sure nothing and no one could jump you in your sleep. being a deep sleeper would result in a free kill for anyone or anything passing by your temporary sleeping quarters.

this made him wake at anything, and this time they were tired, stumbling footsteps from downstairs. in his sleepy, dazed state, dream thought it was his imagination, but should check it out anyways. you needed to be cautious and on guard every minute in this world. anything could kill you.

dream lazily (words of the day) threw his mask on, which was sitting one the table beside his bed. he made sure he had his sword on him, then silently ventured downstairs with light feet

there was a silhouette standing in the centre of the garden. dream could see them through the windows, he had forgotten to draw the curtains. almost immediately, he recognized the person ad y/n. what was she doing. dream was convinced that she was going to make another break out, but she just dropped down into criss-cross-apple-sauce in the long, soft, uncared for grass.

it was nearly 4:00am, why was she up, why was she outside, and why hadn't her room been locked? dream followed her out, a handful of the planks that made up the floor squeaking beneath him. y/n still hadn't noticed him when he had opened the garden door. "why are you up? can't sleep?" dream asked as he approached her.

y/n

you nearly jumped out of your skin and screamed as a voice was heard. you whipped around, ready to bitch slap anyone or anything. you didn't expect there to be legs when you whipped around to face whoever had scared the living shit out of you. you looked up and was met with a well known white mask. you hadn't recognized his tired voice.

"if i could sleep, i wouldn't be out here." you turned back around and faced your back to him. you silently cursed to yourself as dream took the seat behind you and shot him a scowl over your shoulder. you guessed he hadn't noticed. "how come?" dream pushed. "bad dream." you finally complied. "oh. do you want to talk about it?" you scoffed at this. "not with you, since you're probably the reason my mind came up with it." dream continued to stare at you, waiting for an answer. so no wasn't an option anymore?  unwillingly, you started describing the vivid dream you had experienced. dream simply listened to your one minute explanation. you ended saying that you missed your fellow l'manbergians and that you still despised him for slaying them all.

"just stop thinking about them." great, was dickhead mode turning on? "you're a part of the dream smp now. they're all dead to you. literally and figuratively." that was quick switch. "wha- i can't just 'stop thinking about them.' they're my family, and will always be a part of l'manberg, no matter what." your voice was rising, but you kept it to a hushed tone. "...they mean a lot to you, don't they?" you nodded slowly. sadly.  no words, that was it.

you tensed and let out a yelp as dream wrapped his arms around your arms and chest and rested his head on your shoulders. ???? you didn't say anything, it was strangely comforting, but your muscled were still tensed and you froze. "hey, relax, i'm just hugging you." dream mumbled, but you didn't. this person who murdered your friends, and was your kidnapper, was trying to befriend you and has embraced you more than once, how were you supposed to relax??? you muttered one of your famous, "i hate you," in which dream said that he knew.

you two stayed there for a bit, with you slowly relaxing over time and growing weary. you had tried to refuse the tempting calls of sleep, but you soon caved in.

——————————————————-
ill be doing a few filler chapters to give the story a bigger concept of time and show that the storyline takes place over a period of time, not just day after day :)
1194 words