Chapter 3: Empty Faces

WARNING FOR DISTURBING IMAGERY!! WILL TELL WHEN COMES-

As everybody sat at the dinner table, Ludwig couldn't help but feel weak. For all he knew, they could all hate him. But likely only one of them did, Lovino obviously, who kept giving him death glares. He didn't understand why he hated him, but he did.

The rest of them were fine. Especially his fellow friend, Feliciano. He always made Ludwig mad, but obviously he doesn't mean to. Even if he keeps doing it. Feliciano was pretty nice though.. Thinking about him and how nice he his towards him made Ludwig blush but he quickly shook that off.

"Stupid.." he growled under his breath, causing Feliciano and Lovino to look over.

"What did you say about my brother?" A voice shouted out, it was Lovino's. Ludwig assumed he muttered at the wrong time, Feliciano must have just said something (stupid) and then the remark he made came right after. "Oh, nothing.. just thinking out loud," Ludwig said as a response. The air was tense but Antonio cut through the silence as always.

"Hm.. Shall we start eating yet?" He asked, getting a head shake from Feli as a response. Feliciano's grandpa had yet to come (he was probably off with some girl but whatever) and Feli wanted him there.

"You idiot, you know he's probably not gonna come-a anyway right?"

Feliciano looked up to his brother, getting a little upset. Instinctively Ludwig raised his voice at him, "How about you stop being rude.. he just wants him to come, is that too much?"

"Yes! It is! He won't come.. he never does; at least not when we want him.."

Everybody at the table looked down, other than Antonio, who instantly tried to change the subject.. sometimes things needed to be happier; you shouldn't dwell on things for too long.

At least, that's what Ludwig had learned. Never invest too deep into something. You'll find out something that was better unknown.

*trigger warning for angst and an episode (so just- disturbing imagery*

Just like with Feliciano. If he had just stopped worrying about Ludwig, he wouldn't have had to tell the truth to why he kept blacking out for a bit. He probably could've gotten away with the lie of "it's side affects of a medicine I take," if Feliciano didn't ask to see the pills, or ask about any of that kinda stuff. It made Ludwig mad that he had to know.. why he cared so much about how anything affected him...

It's draining to keep telling a person "yeah I'm fine.." even when you aren't, or don't feel like you are.

Ludwig played with his food a bit, stirring around the pasta on his plate with a fork. He didn't listen to the conversation, everything sounded like muffling. He heard his name called but he ignored it.. then again.

But.. something wasn't right.. he looked up to see who was calling him. But.. no faces stared back. Empty black holes... or... something blocking everyone's faces.

He saw a glow of white.. shaping what looked like eyes and mouths on each face?

The mouths turned into wide grins.. inhuman ones. Ones that.. looked so unnatural.

Ludwig's heart started pounding as he looked around to see nothing but the black and white faces.. and... darkness inclosing him.

He found the face of what he thought was Feliciano.. he saw somewhat of a difference on all the faces. Each so he could tell apart every person. But.. Feliciano looked the least scary.. a little comforting out of all of them, if you will.

Ludwig felt as if he could break through to the darkened Feliciano so he tried hugging the shadow. Maybe so it could go back to normal? Or the shadow would protect it from the rest of the dark abyss?

He didn't know.. he just wanted to get out..
He let out a shriek.. nothing too loud.. but soon enough, light showed.