Chapter 20: Act Natural

Feliciano explained the story, he spoke with a small smile when it got to him and Ludwig. There was a small moment of silence before Feliciano spoke again, "I suppose he's just back for me..."

Ludwig nodded, "Seems so..." there was a pause, "All we have to do is eat dinner with everyone, then I'll keep you away from him as best as I can."

Feli nodded in understanding, "Thank you..." he took a deep breath, "I think I'm ready to go." He replayed a lot of the things Gilbert had said over text after the breakup. He looked down to his shirt and felt shame.

"Go down there, I'll be with you in a minute, okay?" Feliciano instructed to Ludwig, which got a nod. "Ja, okay. I'll save you a seat beside me." He had a smile as he stood up, "Im counting every second."

Feliciano nodded, "And what if I take longer?" He asked with a smirk. Ludwig thought, "I will take longer to hand you your gift." With that he chuckled and left for the dining room.

Feliciano smiled until Ludwig was out of view. He went to his closet and grabbed a baggy shirt. He never wanted to dress up again. He took off his shirt, crumpling it and throwing it into a corner.

He eyed the shirt with a glare before throwing on the new one, it was very long, and kinda ugly, but that was fine... he'd suck it up.

He walked to the stairs and looked down. He could hear a lot of noise already, man this was going to be loud. With another deep breath, he descended down the stair case.

Once to the bottom he began walking to where Ludwig was, who already had a plate. He sat beside him, being careful not to look at Gilbert.

The chatter died down. Everyone was staring at the sulking Italian. Mostly with worried expressions. Except Gilbert, who had a small smirk. He thought about kissing Feliciano again, like they did in the past. He still longed for Feli. If only he wasn't so bitchy and listened better.

Francis looked around. He hated silence. So awkward. He noted how Gilbert stared at Feliciano. It kinda weirded him out, though he moved on, "What do you guys plan to do for the New Years?" He asked simply, taking a bite of food.

Antonio flipped his head toward his partner, "Hanging out with Lovi over at my place! He hasn't been in a while so it'll be loads of fun!" He had a bright smile, while Lovino blushed profusely and huffed like a little child.

Soon, everything starting getting loud again. The only silent people were Feliciano and Ludwig. Feli didn't want to lift his head at all, nor did he feel like eating. He was so scared.

Ludwig, in the other hand, just felt terrible. He couldn't believe his own brother tried that! He shouldn't have left. He shouldn't stayed. He should have been there!

A small whisper broke his thoughts, "Luddy. You haven't touched your plate." Feliciano spoke quietly. His head remained down which made it hard to hear him.

Ludwig sighed. He hadn't ate no. He was hungry but couldn't bring himself to even pick a piece of food up. He got startled when he felt Feliciano grasp his hand. He looked over with a gleam of confusion.

Feliciano had the tiniest smile, as he tried to stay composed, "Eat. For me. It makes me feel better as your friend." Ludwig found that he needed to eat. He wanted Feli to be pleased with at least something.

:::::

Clanks of glasses and plates filled the kitchen. Finally everyone finished and started to clean up. Although, Feli still sat at the table. His legs would not let him move for a good while.

It wasn't until he felt hands on his shoulders when he knew he had to move. The pressure indicated it was bad news. Feli quickly launched forward and turned his head. As expected it was Gilbert...

Feliciano immediately got up, pushing past Gil in a hurry. His adrenaline kicked in. He raced over behind Ludwig, wrapping an arm around his waist.

Ludwig turned and gave a confused expression. He was confused and now a bit worried as he saw the panic on Feliciano's face. "Are you—" Ludwig tried to ask what was wrong but immediately got interrupted by a meek whisper from Feli.

"Act natural please. He's coming." That's all that needed to be said. Ludwig understood the task: to keep Feliciano close until Gilbert left. And that's what he did. He focused on doing the dishes and cleaning up the area around him, allowing Feli to stay attached to him.

Finally after a few more minutes everything was cleared for the most part and everyone started saying their goodbyes.

Francis had left and came back with some presents, which he dished out to everyone. He even included Ludwig, which was slightly a surprise. Basically everyone got the same thing. Cologne and a gift card;he liked to spend.

Everyone expressed happiness and gratitude, all except Lovino who simply huffed and pushed closer to Antonio. Even Feliciano put on a brave face. Ludwig was quieter than the rest, but still grateful.

Soon, Francis and Gilbert left. Francis was bitching about his love life most of the time, and Gilbert... well, was busy.

Antonio grabbed some wine and held it out for everyone to see, "Who's up for alcohol and a movie!" Basically nothing was said for a hot second. He found that surprising, as Feliciano would always be happy. "Sure. That would be nice." Was the only thing said, which was spoken by Feli very quietly.

Antonio knew something was wrong. He knew Feliciano was sad. He saw him crying. He didn't even know why though.. damn.

Everyone was a bit alarmed when a buzz was heard, followed by Feliciano running to his room. Maybe his phone was occupying him, who knows. Everyone shrugged it off and went to the movie and wine instead.

TO THE ONE PERSON WHO READS MY STORY IM SOREY IT TAKES FOREVER. ILY AND YOUR SUPPORT DOE <3