Chapter 9: Feelings

The two sat in silence. Lovino choked on words. He didn't know how to explain this. He didn't want to downright tell Antonio he liked him... he just didn't wanna.

"Well, I don't wanna say much just.. I'm jealous of somebody. I wanna be liked like them. They are always being comforted or loved on, while I sit over here with hardly anybody," he started going on about how he felt. He felt really guilty, as if he were talking about himself like a bragger or somebody who always needed attention.

"So.. You want to be liked by them?" He paused for a moment. "Well, It's not exactly my decision but, I like you how you are. And I'm sure many others will. People just need time to find the real you.."

"Yeah but, at the moment I feel.... all alone.." Lovino admitted. "I'm jealous of everyone being in relationships.. when I'm not with the person I want."

"Oh so it's about them?" Antonio stated to himself, getting a flustered look from Lovino. He shook his head after thinking a bit , "Sorry.. I know I'm acting entitled..."

"No! I get it, don't worry." Antonio waved his hands to convey that his opinion was a no. He completely understood how Lovino felt. He had felt it himself quite some years ago. It's only natural for you to want what other have.. but Lovino seemed as if he were sad rather than just angry. Maybe he didn't just want somebody, he wanted a specific person.. He just didn't know who.

"So, what're you looking for..? Like, in a partner?"

The question caught Lovino off guard. He wasn't going to answer it untruthfully, but he didn't want Antonio to find out too easily.

"Hm,.. Taller than me.." He started to list things. "Must be sweet and caring—as all should be—and..." Lovino thought his works carefully.

"Somebody who... er well.." his voice got soft, "I like it when they try and flirt with me.. even if I try to deny it at the moment. Or if I get angry.. I still like it... I guess." He mumbled near the end as he looked away. (Cringe yes I know)

Antonio chuckled, getting a glare from Lovino, "Ah okay okay, jeez. I don't mean to make fun of you, that's just funny."

Lovino sighed and laid down on his stomach. He let his arms dangle over the edge of the bed as he moped.

"So, I'm kinda interested. What do you like in a partner too? Well, since you asked me."

Antonio thought for a moment, "Needs to be able to cook. Don't care what, just cook something. If they can't cook, they should at least be able to help with dinner. Also, somebody who treats me different. Not in a rude way, just as if I meant something more than just a mere friend."

Lovino smiled in the inside, of course not showing anything with his body. He felt as if Antonio described him, even if that was unlikely. Well, then again, that was only 2 things he wants. He could still screw up the rest. Maybe he prefers longer hair. Or he doesn't like men at all.

"Lemme ask you something." Antonio began "What do you think of me?"