Chapter 6: I'm A Monster!

"Answer me!" Ludwig yelled out. He couldn't find one good reason why Feliciano would have to tell them.

"I mean.. t-they were as confused as me when I first found out!!" Feliciano squealed, "They witnessed one of your episodes! They should know.."

"No.. No.."

"They'll think I'm a monster, don't you get that! They'll think I'll hurt them.. if I go too crazy.." Ludwig spat out, "Now they'll hate m-"

Feliciano raised his voice, "Shut up!.. They wouldn't think that, first off. And.. second, what makes you even think that?"

"I'm telling you, you don't understand... They will think I'll hurt you. Instead of me latching on to you, next time they'll think I'll throw you to the ground.. or something.."

"Please don't be that way.. they won't, I promise," Feliciano said reassuringly.

"And how would you know?"

Feliciano was taken aback from what Ludwig asked. Sure, he didn't know for certain, but they wouldn't do that, right? Maybe Lovino, but not them both. Definitely nothing too major either.

"I don't know.. you're right. But I find it hard to believe they would do something like that though."

"And why's that?" Ludwig snapped, "Is it because they are soooo precious and there's no way they could ever hurt their guest. No way.. huh? I know how they will act. They're already are showing sympathy— next will be them showing disgust, then anger and cruelty. People like me are hardly loved, let alone liked or tolerated. Why would the human race start now?!?"

"Ludwig, please, calm down!"

"Calm down???" Tears built up in Ludwig's eyes, "How do I just calm down? You should try not being liked, try not being loved— after that, why don't you try to calm down!"

"There's no way.. Why would they hate you, just for that? You can't help that.."

"Really? 'That'.. you're too scared to say it aren't you," Ludwig spat out. "—too scared to say I'm a schizophrenic, too scared to say I'm a monster!"

"Ludwig..! Calm down, please.. Just, try.." Feliciano pleaded.

"I can't! I'll always be the same, no matter how many years pass. I'll always be known, as 'The Crazy Schizophrenic!'" Ludwig was crying at that point. Tears kept flowing— a mix of anger and sadness was all he felt.

Well he felt something else. Not exactly an emotion, but he felt two arms wrap around him.

It was Feliciano.. But.. Why?? Didn't he just yell? Didn't he just.. break down in front of him? Why would Feliciano be nice.. after this?

Ludwig felt comforted. He was still upset and wanted to leave.. but he felt just a bit better.

"Look, I can't make you change your mind about anything," he started, "but.. I want you to believe me. I promise they won't hate you."

Ludwig sighed with a nod. He didn't know why he agreed so easily then, but he did. He didn't even cry often, but found himself bawling on this occasion.

He tried to leave, but Feliciano stayed latched to him, "I'm not gonna let you go." Ludwig heard in Feliciano's voice that he wanted him to stay for a bit..

"Okay.."