02

── ❝The runway before one's eyes❞ ──
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I guess you suck at getting pieces of information, huh ?" Sangyeon scoffs after they got into the car with a cup of coffee in their hands.

"Can you just shut up ?"

Shrugging, Sangyeon starts the car engine. As he is about to reverse the car, his phone rings.

"Detective Lee here."
"Another victim showed up."
"Text me the address."

He ends the call. Yeoreum who is silently watching notices the frown on his face.

Reminds her of the first time they met. He had the same look, just because they bumped into each other and her coffee-stained his coat.

Ding !

Yeoreum takes out her personal phone and unlocks it.

Jihyun
Hey
I might get something for you
Well after some digging ofc
[Document Attachment]

Yeoreum
Thanks, Jihyun
Appreciate your help
Let's go out for lunch sometimes

Jihyun
Your treat ~
Oh gtg
Ttyl !

Sangyeon side-eyed Yeoreum who is chuckling to herself as he starts to drive.

"What ? You got a date on tinder ?"
"For once, please shut up and mind your own business Sangyeon. Gosh, you're such a pain in the ass."

Yeoreum hisses in annoyance, shoving her phone inside her jeans pocket. Taking out a hairband, she gathers her hair and ties it into a low ponytail.

"I thought you continued your studies in Canada, why are you here instead ?" Sangyeon asks, eyes fixed on the road.

"Finished my studies, flew back here, and took the exam to be a profiler but somehow I ended up with a prick like you."

What's wrong with her I'm just trying to get a conversation...

"You're so hard to talk with."
"Then don't talk to me."

Speechlessly scoffing, Sangyeon clicks his tongue. Yeoreum rolls her eyes and huffs before looking outside.

Still the annoying prick back in university.

___

Yeoreum raises her badge as she walks through the people crowds behind the police line.

"Make way, please." Sangyeon follows behind her.

The officers there give them salutes and guide the two to the alley.

"Any ID ?"
"Kwon Minji. Was on her way back from her morning yoga classes."

Yeoreum nods and wears her gloves, examining Minji's bag while Sangyeon walks around, trying to find CCTV.

Then, Yeoreum stands up and makes her way towards the ambulance.

"How bad is her condition ?"
"A shot right into her stomach, just like the previous victim. I'm sorry we need to get going now."