26

───── ❝ truths and lies ❞ ─────
: i hate this chapter
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Sangyeon throws his car key in the air while walking towards the restaurant him and Hajun promised to meet at. The bell rings when he pushed the door open, an old lady greets him with a smile.

It's a restaurant he always visits whenever he feels like eating home cooked meals. An old couple runs it as a family business, always greeting their customers with warm words.

He makes his way to the back table, quickly hiding behind a wall when he saw Hajun sitting with two other guy at their table.

“Did you get it?” a guy who seems tall and built asks. He's wearing a cap so it's kinda hard for Sangyeon to take a good look at him.

Hajun smiles and hands over a USB while stirring his coffee.

“Of course. I got it all recorded, don't worry.”
“You shouldn't be too comfortable.”

His eyes widen when one of the guy removes his cap.
“Jihoon?”

Hajun chuckles and shrugs his shoulders, pointing at the other guy. “Wonwoo should be more careful though. I heard she's been visiting the hospital lately.”

The frowns on Sangyeon's face become more visible, fingers clenching on his car key. Did Jihoon really lied to him about Wonwoo? What is their relationship? How did they know each other?

“Aren't you supposed to meet him today?”
“Do you really think I want to?”

Sangyeon snorts and takes out his phone, searching for Hajun's number as he walks out of the restaurant. “Hajun, sorry. I don't think I can meet you today, I got a case.”

“Ah, okay then. I'll just meet my friends here.”

Whispering a short goodbye, Sangyeon gets inside his car and stares at the restaurant. So he really can't trust anyone now.

Except her.

___

Yeoreum holds Howon's tiny hand tightly with her right palm as they stroll around the park. The little guy woke up feeling a little bit grumpy, so Yeoreum decided that a short walk would make him feels better.

Sangyeon hasn't come back yet, which is odd since he said it was just a short meeting with Hajun. She couldn't care less though, at least she has some time to spare with his nephew.

“Howon, do you want waffle?” she asks as she saw a stall selling waffles at the other side of the park. The boy's eyes lit up at the question, nodding twice. Yeoreum swears her heart melts even more at the sight.

Taking him in her arms, they arrive quickly at the stall. “Oh, noona!”

Yeoreum looks up at the guy, frowning as she tries to remember his name. It is one of Changmin's friend, but she still can't remember mosf of their names. He seems to notice though, as he lets out a long 'ah'.

“I'm Chanhee!”
“Right, sorry Chanhee. I'm still trying to remember all of your names.”

Chanhee shakes his head as he chuckles, now realising the kid in her arms. “Isn't this Sangyeon hyung's nephew? Hello, Howon. Do you remember me?”

Howon giggles and nods. Of course he remembered, he practically grew up with his uncle and his friends too. Chanhee then pays attention to Yeoreum again, recommending her one of their best selling menu.

“Why is Howon with you? Where's Sangyeon hyung?” Chanhee asks after Yeoreum completed her payment. From what he remembered, Yeoreum and Sangyeon didn't seem that close for her to babysit his nephew.