EPILOGUE

───── ❝ Us ❞ ─────
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[3 년 후]

“Seriously? We're doing this now? That's you caught in the CCTV!” Yeoreum says with frustration, almost slamming the tablet onto the table. Hyunbin looks at her with fear, then looking at the man in front them.

“Okay look, I don't have much time here. I would be really thankful if you help us out here.” she runs her fingers through her hair, looking at her watch.

Goddammit.

“I want a lawyer.”

If a look could kill, the man is probably dead by now. Yeoreum exhales roughly, trying to not lose her temper befire saying, “Okay. You do that and tell your lawyer goodluck because we have a strong case against you.”

Dragging Hyunbin with her, the older one slams the door close. “I need oxygen.”

Walking towards their squad room, Yeoreum finds herself blooming a smile as she saw a cup of tea in her seat.

No caffeine for you today :)

She caresses the little note before opening the lid, it's peppermint tea - her favourite. Taking a sip, she sits down and groans when the comfiness hits her. She's been on edge since morning, and to finally drinks her favourite tea? It's a perfection.

“Why are you still here?” a question slips out of her mouth as Hyunbin walks inside. He rolls his eyes, showing a bunch of files in his hands.

“Asks the one who said she's running out of time earlier. Are you going somewhere?”

That is enough for Yeoreum to jump from her seat, muttering a little curse under her breath. Jaehyun who just walks in gives a weird look towards Hyunbin, both eyeing the girl panicking.

“Okay, how do I look?” she stands in front of her colleagues, fixing her clothes.

“Where are you going?”
“A trial.”
“And?”

She frowns upon hearing Jaehyun's question, tilting her head. “And what?”

“There's no way you're just going to a trial looking like this so...”

Grinning to herself, she grabs her handbag and blazer before waving both of them goodbye as she exits the room.

“Definitely a date.”
“Mmh.”

___

She quietly enters the court, taking a seat beside Yejun's mom. Giving a little tap on the older woman's shoulder, she puts her handbag down on the floor.

The trial already started an hour ago, and Yeoreum arrived right on time when the judge and juries finished their meeting.

“Yejun will get his justice, I promise you.” Yeoreum says.

“All rise.” the bailiff orders. Yeoreum holds Mrs. Song hand tightly, heart racing as the judge enters.

“Jury, have you reach your verdict?”

The jury foreperson stands up and nods, handing a piece of folded paper to the bailiff and then to the Judge.

“What say you?”

Yeoreum's eyes look at Wonwoo's figure, holding her breath in.

Why is this taking so long...

“We, the jury, in the case of Republic of Korea versus Jeon Wonwoo. We found the defendant guilty of the charge of murdering that took place 8 years ago at Yuri High School. Hence, we ask for life sentence for the defendant.”