30

───── ❝ Baby ❞ ─────
⚠️ a chapter full of disappointment I'm so sorry ⚠️
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Yeoreum stares at the apartment building from inside her car, contemplating if she should go or not. She takes out her phone and opens her chat with Sangyeon, searching for his door password.

She locks her car and slides her gun down in her sock, just in case she needs to use it. Waiting for the elevator, she looks around. It is awfully quiet, even the neighbours' dogs aren't barking at her.

Ding!

When she steps inside, she notices a trembling teenager who looks like she witnessed a ghost. “Are you okay?” the girl flinches when Yeoreum lightly touches her arm. Her eyes went down to Yeoreum's waist, noticing her police badge.

“I... I think I saw someone in apartment 607. But, that detective said he's going to Busan today.”

___

“Wake up.” Sangyeon groans as he felt something shaking. Opening his eyes, he comes to realization that his wrists are cuffed to poles. He looks around and noticed he's hanging in a transparent tank.

“Surprise, brother.” his eyes widened as he saw Jihoon and Wonwoo standing in front of him.

“Jihoon?”

The guy laughs and walks away, sitting down on a couch. Judging by the surroundings, Sangyeon is sure they're at an abandoned factory. He struggles as his feet barely touch the floor of the cubicle, throwing curses at Wonwoo and Jihoon.

“Oh Detective Lee, don't bother yourself. We're giving you a golden chance to interview us here, about your beloved cousin. Aren't you obsessed with the case? Ah, Detective Kang too. But don't worry about her, someone else will take care of your girl.”

“Don't fucking touch her.” Sangyeon grunts. “Aww, you must be in love with her, aren't you?” Wonwoo scoffs. He removes his cap and tosses it in the air.

“Jihoon, what the fuck?” Sangyeon asks, Jihoon avoiding his eyes. “Shut it, Mr. Detective. You won't be here, if she stopped when I told her to. But, Yeoreum is still Yeoreum. Stubborn, selfish... and evil. Look at you now, you're here because of her.”

Sangyeon swore, the moment he got out of this darn tank, he'll fucking end both of these moron with his own hands.

“You killed Yejun, don't you?” he asks. Wonwoo pretends to be surprised, laughing. He shrugs his shoulders, making Sangyeon feels like punching that smug face of his.

“Yeah, I did. He shouldn't have been so touchy with Yeoreum. Fling, my foot. She was supposed to be mine, not his.”

Pathetic.

Sangyeon scoffs. He knows it all by now. Trying to install more time, he's pretty sure Yeoreum heard his instructions before he was hit earlier. She'll come and save him, he believes that.

“Ah, really? So you're jealous? Tsk, the world doesn't revolve around you, Jeon. Do you really think you're her type?” he replies, trying to get into his head.

“I was there for her first. Until that stupid cousin of yours came and ruined it all. I had to claim what's mine, and eliminate my enemy.”

“Hey, Jihoon. I don't know your pride is too low? I mean, you had a crush on Yejun, don't you? How can you still work with the guy who poisoned and pushed him off the rooftop?”

Jihoon turns his head around to look at Sangyeon who is already smirking. Wonwoo glares at Jihoon, raising his eyebrows. “The fuck is that supposed to mean?”

This time, Sangyeon laughs out loud. “Ah, you don't know? Do you want me to summarise it for you? Did you really think I know nothing? You can't fool me, I knew everything, dumbass.”

Wonwoo frantically stands up and approaches the tank, pressing on a button. Within three seconds, water starts to fill the tank up.

“I should've kill you from the start.”

___

Yeoreum slowly walks towards his apartment, telling the neighbours to go inside quietly while walking. The door is slightly opened and she caught a glimpse of the person inside.

Pushing the door to go inside, she takes her gun out and starts searching. The living room seems untouched, but his mini office light is on.

Pak!

Something heavy fell inside the room and she immediately stands at the door frame, holding her gun up.

"Stop moving.”

The person who is hunching back on the drawers freezes, hands reaching down. “Don't even think of it. Turn around.”

Scoffing, the person turns around with their palms in the air. “Hajun.”

The guy has a smirk on display, eyes looking dark as ever. She has never seen that stare from him. Usually, his eyes are sparkling with innocence, like a normal human being. But now, it's like a demon possessed him.

“You found me.” he takes a step forward, so does Yeoreum. It went until they're literally 3 steps away from her gun. “Who on earth are you?”

Hajun smiles, his dimple appearing. He looks at Yeoreum from head to toe, licking his lips. “Well? I don't know you're so dumb, miss Kang. I've been watching you for years, and wow, I wonder what you saw in Sangyeon that you slept with him two times.”

Her grip on the gun tighten, as she clenches her jaw. “So you're my stalker.”

“Bingo, baby.”
“Why?”
“Easy, I got attached to you ever since I saw you in a night club.”

She curses under her breath, whole body trembling. All these uneasy feelings she had the moment she met him, god she knew it was right.

Hajun removes his cap and messes with his silver hair, sitting on top of Sangyeon's working desk. “You're such a scumbag, you know that?”

He cooes, palms resting at the edge. Yeoreum takes a step closer and lowers her gun down.

Two can play.

“Where is he?”
“Don't worry, your dearest detective Lee is probably still alive, at least for now.”

She reaches for his shirt and clenches the material around his neck, veins about to pop off on her neck and forehead. “Fucking tell me.”

“Easy, baby. Let me have my fun.”

Her fist easily landed on his right cheek. “The fuck you want?”

“I told you. I want you, and that guy? He doesn't deserve you. What a miracle I met Wonwoo and Jihoon though, made my mission way more easier.”

Fucking stupid. You betrayed me, Jeon?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

hahahaha lowkey forgot how to write bc my confidence yeeted