12

───── ❝ special license ❞ ─────
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

“Kwon Hyuk.”

Sangyeon feels like his world is stopping the moment he heard the name. No, that couldn't be him.

“Listen, Mr. Kwon. There's no point of doing this, you know it.”

“Oh of course there is a point. I'm the one in charge here, not all of you.”

Yeoreum approaches Sangyeon, looking at the distressed man. He's frowning, fingers anxiously tapping the car boot.

So the girl takes her pen and paper out, scribbling some words before showing it to him.

Ask him what he wants, in exchange of everyone inside.

Sangyeon looks at her, but the girl seems way more calmer than he is. Nodding, he clears his throat again.

“Let's cut a deal.”

“I need a helicopter for all of us.”

“It will take a-”

“An hour. Or I'll start killing, the judge will be the first one. Tick tock, my friend.”

The call ended, making Sangyeon roughly runs his fingers through his hair.

“What now ?” the detectives start to gather around, discussing about the deal.

Everyone knows it might be impossible to get a helicopter within an hour.

“We can give it.”
“No, these guys won't back off easily.”
“Then do you have any other ideas ? God.”

The discussion gets a little bit tense, and Yeoreum is growing sick of it. What do these people think they're doing now ? 

“Or we can just go inside. I saw the blueprint, and it seems like there's a way in from rooftop.”

Suddenly, she becomes the center of attention. Sangyeon scoffs, not believing his ears.

“I won't take risk like that.”
“Then let me go inside with the SWAT team. Prepare the helicopter, we'll give what they want.”

The moment she walks away, Sangyeon is quick to catch her wrist before she could step inside the van to wear wires.

“Are you in your right state of mind ?”
“I am. Are YOU in your right state of mind ? What the hell were you guys thinking back there ? Arguing when the time is running ?”

Sangyeon tightens his grip, eyes about to go through her head. The girl smirks, shaking his hand off her. She could tell by the look on his eyes, he really doesn't think it's a good idea.

“I'm capable of doing this. We're trained for this, so make the damn call. Tell them the helicopter is on the way, cut another deal with them.”

Yeoreum takes her bulletproof jacket off to wear the wires, tilting her head as Sangyeon is not moving.

“Lee Sangyeon, we got no time for this. For fuck sake, do your work. I believe you're one of the top officers here, so prove it to me.”