11

───── ❝ let me out ❞ ─────
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

“Hyung, I have a question.” Changmin says as he turns to look at Sangyeon who is driving. The older one just hums, allowing him to do so.

Still chewing on his cream bread that he stole from the wedding ceremony earlier, Changmin takes his time to store the food inside his cheeks.

“How is noona at work ?” Sangyeon's eyes immediately move from the road to rear-view mirror, seeing a sleeping Yeoreum.

“Not bad.”
“Why do you guys keep treating each other so bad ? Did something happen between both of you ?”

Changmin's question suddenly makes Sangyeon's throat goes dry. Something did happen between them, and that something made both of them wonder what kind of relationship they're in.

“It's fun to tease and get into her nerves.”
“That is seriously not convincing.”

Sangyeon chuckles, looking at Yeoreum again. She sleeps peacefully, with her earphones on.

It would be a lie if he said he didn't have a bit hope for them to be friends, he really did wish for it after that one night.

But somehow, choosing to forget about it seems right for both of them.

Maybe she was right. It was a one time mistake. They were stressed and drunk, things could happen.

But if we could go back, will things be different ?

___

Yeoreum throws her body on the couch, feeling more tired than ever. With feet hanging down the couch, she really feels like she could fall asleep right away.

“What did you do that you're so tired ?”
“I spent too much energy and time with Sangyeon and it's not healthy. I think I need holy water.”

Changmin chuckles as he locks the door, then making his way towards Yeoreum and places her legs on top of his lap before massaging them.

“You must really hate him.”
“Tell me something I don't know.”

That crazy jerk.

As she's about to close her eyes, she feels a vibration coming from her pocket.

“Ugh.” the girl lazily takes her phone out, answering the call.

“Hello, Yeoreum. I knew it's your day off but we got a case.”

“On my way.”

Changmin looks at her as she sits up straight, fixing her hair and removing her legs from his grips.

“Sorry, I got a case.”
“Nah, I'm fine. Go.”

She pats his head and immediately runs inside her room. It doesn't take long for her to show up in a more comfy clothes.

Charismatic and cool, that's what Changmin always sees her as. Like a role model ?

Yeoreum gives her cousin one last wave before leaving the house, making her way to her car. Thank god they live on the first level of their apartment complex, or else she'll need to catch the elevator.

“What case would it be..?”

___

Her footsteps filled the silence inside the squad room, making almost everyone greets her except for one.

Who else would it be if it isn't Lee Sangyeon ?

“We got an emergency call from Supreme Court. The whole building is currently locked due to 4 prisoners who escaped while waiting for their trials. As far as I know, there are two other Sergeant from SWAT in courtroom 3.”

Yeoreum's mouth widen, finding the case interesting.

“But why are we the ones who need to take this ?”
“The prisoners are supposed to be on trial for a gang rape back in 2016.”

Their Chief claps her hands and starts wearing her bulletproof vest.

“Now let's move. We go with separate cars, since these guys are not in a good relationship with law enforcement. Make sure to turn off the sirens when you're 10 metres away from the court. We do not want anyone dead today.”

Nodding, her fellow detectives start wearing their vests and load their guns before walking out of the room.

Yeoreum silently follows Jaehyun towards Sangyeon who is the designated driver for today.

“I look forward to see you pulling your stunts today, miss.”
“Fuck off.”

Jaehyun quickly interrupts their conversation by squeezing between his two seniors, shaking his head.

“Are you guys serious now ? We got a hostage situation, keep your bickering for next time.”

The girl huffs before getting inside the car, looking annoyed as ever. Meanwhile Sangyeon, he chuckles and gives Yeoreum a wink after he got inside. But, he only received a middle finger from Yeoreum as response.

“God sake, stop fighting !”
“Shut up, kid.”

Jaehyun rolls his eyes after both Sangyeon and Yeoreum gave him a death stare.

I should've went with Chief instead of them..

___

“How's the situation ?” Sangyeon approaches another officer that he assumes from SWAT.

“We managed to empty the building by using underground stairs, but our sergeants are still trapped inside courtroom 4.”

“Did they demand anything ?”

As he saw the officer shaking his head, Sangyeon tilts his head in disbelief.

“Shouldn't we make a call already ? Let's talk to them.”
“We tried that already, they picked up and hung up right after.”

Sangyeon clicks his tongue. He turns around and sees Yeoreum getting a briefing from other officers at the scene, hands on her waist.

“Try it again. Let me lead the negotiation.”
“I don’t want to put my sergeants life on stake.”
“I'm trained for this kind of situation. Let me do it.”

The sergeant backs off, handing him the phone to call.

“Anything happens, it's on you.”
“Please trust me.”

Sangyeon takes a deep breath as he presses the speaker button. He holds his hands up, signalling for everyone around to remains quiet and stay put in their places.

“We got nothing to say.”

“Wait ! Please listen to me. I'm Detective Lee, may I know who I'm talking to ?”

Kwon Hyuk.”

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃