32

───── ❝ Don't tell ❞ ─────
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

“Don't fucking move.” Yeoreum holds her gun up, standing at at the entrance. Wonwoo freezes, gun in his right hand as he chuckles darkly. His eyes fall towards Sangyeon who is struggling underwater as the tank is getting fuller.

“You found me.”
“Well, thanks to your friends who betrayed you. Hajun is dead, and Jihoon turned himself in. So you make the call, Jeon.”

Wonwoo moves to face the girl he loves, her face has some scratches and dried blood. She looks pretty in his eyes now. “You... know the truth now don't you?”

Yeoreum almost chokes while trying to fight her tears back. “I want to hear it from you.”

He takes a step at times, hands still up in the air as he's surrounded by the cops. “He wasn't supposed to be dead, Yeoreum. It was an accident.”

Shaking her head, her grip tightens around the gun as she caught a glimpse of Sangyeon who's growing weaker and weaker. “It wasn't an accident. You were there. You poisoned him. You smacked his head with a baseball bat. You pushed him of the roof. You-”

“He was a menace.” Wonwoo says, looking straight into Yeoreum's eyes. Those eyes that used to look at him fondly are now burning with hatred. He likes it.

“No, YOU were a menace. You killed an innocent boy, Woo. You were raging with that stupid jealousy of yours. You felt challenged. Tell me I'm wrong.”

Yeoreum bravely steps towards him, keeping a two feet distance. “Why? You can't talk back because all the things I said were right. You're a killer, Woo. You killed your friend, my friend. OUR friend.”

He remains quiet as he looks down at her.

True.

“Woo, we were such good kids before. What happened to you?”

Wonwoo looks up to the ceiling, adam apple moving up and down as he feels the tears pooling in his eyes.

Before.

“Did you ever notice me, Yeoreum? My feelings for you?”

Her eyes soften as she takes a deep breath. Before she could even answer, Wonwoo continues talking. “7 years, Yeoreum. I love you ever since we were in middle school. You never bat an eye for my hints, you said you would never be in love until you graduate from university, but you lied. Yejun came in that day and the first thing you said was he's cool. You never say that to me.”

Wonwoo takes a step closer, now tears falling down on his cheeks. Yeoreum too, is crying. She didn't know, and he didn't tell. “What am I supposed to do, Woo? You should've told me.”

He shakes his head.

“I can't. We were doing so great as friends and I was afraid to ruin that. I had to kill him-”

“Do you think there isn't a moment where I fell for you?”

The air becomes tense as Yeoreum runs her fingers through her hair, hugging Wonwoo's stiffen body. “Woo, I once loved you. But I don't want to ruin us. For God's sake, I swear I wondered how my life would be if we're together sometimes. But Woo, we were too busy being in edge.”

Wonwoo lets his head falls down on top of hers, dampening her hair. As he brings his arms up to hug her, Yeoreum quickly grabs his right arm and push him down on the ground. The man groans, resisting.

Sobbing, Yeoreum firmly holds him down until another detective comes and cuffs him. “Sorry, Woo. I guess we were never meant together.”

His eyes are filled with anger when he stands up facing her, reading his miranda rights.

“Jeon Wonwoo, you're under arrest for Yuri High School murder case and kidnapping a federal officer. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney and if you cannot afford it, one will be appointed for you. Take him away from my sight.”

She takes one last look at him, before whispering. “Change for good.”

Right after she sends him off with her eyes, the girl sprints towards the tank. “Search for the keys, now!”

She frantically runs around the tank, looking for any button until an officer throws a bunch of keys towards her.

“God fuck this.”

She removes her bulletproof jacket and climbs up the ladder and enters the tank. Searching for her own handcuffs key, she  quickly swims down to open the cuffs around Sangyeon's ankles.

Click.

Yeoreum swims up for oxygen after she removes the cuff down, now attempting for another pair around his wrists.

Click.

“Take him out, quick!”

Just in time, Jaehyun and Hyunbin step inside the building. The two quickly help both Yeoreum and Sangyeon out, laying him down on the cold floor.

He's not breathing.

“Call 119, I'm starting CPR.”

Placing both of her palms on his chest, she starts pressing.

Wake up you stupid asshole.

___

Yeoreum paces in front of the emergency room repeatedly, sometimes peeking inside to see if the doctor is done treating Sangyeon.

“Sit down. You're making me dizzy.” Hyunbin says, pleading with his eyes.

“I can't okay? What is taking them so long?”

Jaehyun nudges Hyunbin's arm, whispering something. The younger one muffles a laugh, earning Yeoreum's attention. “What? What are you guys laughing about right in front of me?”

Hyunbin shrugs his shoulders, stretching his arms before wrapping the left one around Jaehyun's shoulders. “Detective Kang, do you perhaps like Detective Lee?”

The girl is too stunned to speak as she freezes, eyes wavering before awkwardly letting out a chuckle.

“No? Why would I? No I don't like him.”
“Oh~ sure~”
“Hey, I'm serious!”
“Geez, okay okay! So feisty for what...”

A doctor comes out from the emergency room, interrupting Yeoreum's defense. “Lee Sangyeon's guardians?”

The trio walk towards him, muttering 'yes'.

“I'm Kim Younghoon, a colleague of Detective Lee and I treated him. He is stable now but we found out the water got some types of poison in it. We would like to keep him in the hospital for some days to monitor his progress. He's being transferred to the ward as we speak now.”

They let out a relieved sigh, thanking Younghoon as he excuses himself. “I'll stay with him.”

Yeoreum raises her eyebrows when the two men smirk at her remark. “Okay, just use protection if anything. We'll go back to station and do the paperworks.”

Jaehyun and Hyunbin immediately walk away after teasing her, leaving Yeoreum alone with burning cheeks.

Those motherfuckers...

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

this chapter is really shitty i know but i can't interpret what i planned in my brain into words i'm so sorry 😭