05

── ❝ We have to hide the mission ❞ ──
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Are you sure she's the one ? Everything seems just fine." Sangyeon groans out of boredom as he looks at the counter where Seolyi is standing.

"How did you even become a cop with no patience ?" Yeoreum says, raising her eyebrows.

As Sangyeon is about to reply, Yeoreum raises her palm right in front of his face stopping him. Sangyeon clicks his tongue, not believing what just happened.

She's staring at Seolyi who just received a call.

"She's moving, let's go." after making sure Seolyi left the store in a plain clothes , they both stand up.

Keeping a safe distance, they follow the girl into a mall nearby.

Seolyi literally went everywhere, and Sangyeon is losing his mind.

Until they walked into a bookstore. Pretending to look through the bookshelves, Yeoreum keeps her eyes on Seolyi.

Suddenly, a guy comes towards Seolyi and they start talking. Somewhat looking friendly.

The two walk towards the aisle where Yeoreum is standing at. Her body freezes, suddenly not knowing what to do as the pair stop right beside her.

"Oh, you're from the cafe right ?" Seolyi asks, making Yeoreum jump.

"Yeah.."
"Where is your boyfriend ?"

As she's about to answer, Sangyeon appears out of nowhere and wraps his arm around Yeoreum's shoulders.

"Sorry for leaving you, I went to the toilet earlier." he jokingly pats Yeoreum's head.

Seolyi and the guy then excuse themselves, while Yeoreum stares at Sangyeon in disgust.

"Get your hand off me, ew."
"Just admit your heart fluttered."

She pushes him away, following Seolyi from behind.

Sangyeon quickly catches up with her and of course, he has the silliest smug face on. Then suddenly, a loud screaming spreads around the shopping complex.

A few gunshots could be heard from afar. Yeoreum and Sangyeon pull their guns out and start screaming as well, telling the others to stay down and get into any store they could.

"STAY DOWN AND GET INSIDE !"

"This is Detective Lee to Command. We got situation 131. Requesting for backup."

"Backup is 5 minutes away."

He groans as he shows his badge around, trying to keep everyone safe.

"I don't have 5 minutes. Hey, I'll take the right side. Anything happened, just scream." Yeoreum raises her fingers as an 'okay' sign before they both split up.

"Detective Kang to command, I want every single entrance to close. No one in or out."

"Copy that. Local polices already arrived at the scene."

She runs down the escalator to the lower floor and every store is already locked with a bunch of people inside.

"I got two bodies here," she whispers, enough for Sangyeon to hear through the earpiece.

As soon as the SWATs arrived, they start to search around the mall. But, they got nothing in result.

"How many bodies so far?" Hyunbin asks after he approaches Sangyeon and Yeoreum. The older guy raises his fingers to form the number 5.

Hyunbin bites his lips and closes his eyes after seeing the numbers.

"We're still taking statements, but so far I'm guessing two shooters."

"But, what were you guys doing here?"

Yeoreum gasps completely forgot about the original reason they came here.

"Seolyi.."
"You don't think this is related right ?"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃