14

───── ❝ Deep footprints ❞ ─────
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

“Thank you for meeting me. It's been a while.”

Yeoreum reaches out to shake hands with the man, before sitting down.

She always works on Yejun's case on his death anniversary, hence why she took two days off to go back to Changwon after paying her respect to Yejun in Mapo.

“Here is the file you asked for. It was hard for me to retrieve it since eight years had passed, but I did it,” he pushes the brown envelope towards her, anticipating her reaction.

Yeoreum goes through the pages roughly, before nodding. She places it inside her bag, paying attention towards him again.

“Why did you ask for the original autopsy report?”
“I need to compare something, I think the autopsy report that the family received has been changed.”

He looks surprised by her answer, making her tilts her head.

“How did you know?”
“I noticed the death cause written was brain injury. But Yejun, he fell on the bushes.”

“I'm impressed that you remembered those details.”
“Why do you think I became a detective, Wonwoo?”

Wonwoo adjusts his glasses, chuckling. To say that they're close is not right, but they check on each other quite often. Who knows they'll work together like this?

He was the top student who excelled in everything along with Yejun. While Yeoreum, she's the girl who was famous for not giving a fuck about her surroundings and did whatever she wanted.

“How long has it been? 8 years?” Yeoreum hums, looking at his fingers.

Fidgety like always.

“So? Are you seeing someone? A fling, maybe?” the girl scoffs while shaking her head, finding his question a little bit upsetting.

That got her thinking about him too.

“You?” Wonwoo also shakes his head, smiling.

___

“Oh you're here,” Sangyeon acknowledges the guy who just arrived with a nod, telling him to sit in front of him.

“I thought you already forgot me or something.”
“Why would I?”

Jihoon shrugs, pushing an USB across the table. Sangyeon immediately plugs it in his laptop, scanning the files. He frowns as he saw the contents, raising eyebrows towards Jihoon who is peacefully drinking his americano.

“What? Isn't that what you want?”
“I mean, I did ask you to find the interrogations clips. But how did you even get every single recordings?”

The smaller guy proudly smirks, pointing at his brain. Silently telling Sangyeon that he's a genius.

These two know each other through their parents, and coincidentally Jihoon went to the same school as Yejun. He didn't really know him, but he was willing to help when Sangyeon asked.