Quake, Rattle, Roll

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon or its franchise

Chapter 9: Quake, Rattle, Roll

Today the Dragon Riders were working to improve the Edge's defense against enemy attack. Hiccup and Hicca were working on their newest invention, a large spyglass.

Hiccup hammered in the bolts on one spot to keep it secure. Toothless joined him. "All right. I think one more plasma blast should do the trick, bud." The teen said to his dragon. He didn't need to say anymore as the Night Fury gave one blast right at the spot Hiccup wanted, though he didn't really warn his human to stand back. "Whoo! Great job!" He said, coughing.

Astrid checked the view of the spyglass. "Nice. I can see straight to the horizon."

"That should definitely make it harder for anyone to sneak up on us." Hicca said.

"I wonder how the Thorston twins' lookout tower is coming along." Hiccup said.

"I can only imagine." Astrid commented, crossing her arms.

Of course, with the history of how the Thorston twins handle any task given to them, it was no surprise to assume the worse. What was a surprise, however, was how the lookout tower actually turned out.

"Ah, yeah, oh." Ruffnut muttered as she and her brother took a step back to view their finished tower.

"Hey. Does something seem off to you?" Tuffnut asked his twin.

"Yeah. This should have fallen down a long time ago." Ruffnut answered.

Tuffnut started to get a thought. "Maybe we actually did something... No, that's impossible."

"Say it." Ruff dared.

"Something... right?"

His twin gasped at the realisation.

"Ugh. I have a weird feeling inside. Is that accomplishment?" Tuffnut wondered.

"Whoa! I think I feel it, too." Ruffnut said. "Quick! Let's go rub it in Hiccup's and Hicca's faces before the feeling subsides!"

They immediately got on their dragon and flew to where the Haddock twins were.

(Linebreak)

Meanwhile in the clubhouse, Fishlegs and Meatlug were doing a thorough study of all the contents in the Dragon Eye lenses they found so far. "Hmm. Ooh. Wow. Very interesting." Fishlegs muttered as he jotted down notes. Once he finished, he turned to Meatlug. "Okay, girl, let's move on to rock experiment test subject number three... river stones."

"Hey! What you doing, Fishlegs?" Snotlout asked, leaning on the frame of the door

"Oh, hey, Snotlout. Well, if you're asking me I'm testing how different rocks make Meatlug produce different flame and how that changes the projections in the Dragon Eye." Fishlegs explained, while feeding Meatlug said rocks.

Snotlout, however, wasn't that interested. "Oh, that's right. I just remembered, you're boring and I don't care." He rolled his eyes and walked away.

Meatlug spewed some lava on the floor, ready to be used. "Yup! Couldn't have put it better myself, girl." He then positioned the Dragon Eye, so that the lava could reveal the contents on the lens. "Ooh, even more interesting."

(Linebreak)

"Hicca! Hiccup! Drop everything you're doing and bring your faces." Tuffnut demanded as they landed next to the Haddock twins and Astrid.

"Prepare to be rubbed." Ruffnut said grinning.

The blonde twins gathered Hiccup, Hicca, Astrid, Raeda and Snotlout to where they built the tower. "Dragon riders, you asked for it! We built it." Tuffnut announced. "Presenting you..." He gestured to his sister who made a trumpet noise. "...with your new rock lookout tower!"