Crushing It

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon, except for my OCs.

Chapter 8: Crushing It.

It was late at night on Dragon's Edge and everyone was fast asleep, but the sleeping arrangement was a bit different. Tonight, instead of sleeping in their own huts, the Dragon Riders and Dragons all congregated in the Clubhouse and were fast asleep.

Everyone, that is, except for one Snotlout Jorgenson

He was forced to stay awake for patrol, and the guard was not happy about that at all. "Why do we have to be the ones to stay up on Rumblehorn watch?" He complained to the dragon who was also staying awake with him, or so he thought. "Hookfang, I'm talking to you."

He turned to see the Monstrous Nightmare fast asleep and snoring. Clearly, he saw that his human was enough for the job.

Despite this, Snotlout continued on his rant. "We're never going to stop this crazy dragon from tearing this place up."

The Rumblehorn was a new species of dragon that the Dragon Riders discovered when they caught it wreaking havoc on the Edge. For days, they have been working to keep get rid of this dragon, but it only seemed to appear at night. So they decided to take turns to keep a look-out for the dragon and along with that Hiccup and Hicca planted some traps around the Edge so it would be easier to locate.

And it seems that one of the traps have been set off. All the traps have been rigged to Hookfang's horns so that if one gets set off, the Monstrous Nightmare will get a tug on his horn and will immediately give his rider a fiery wake-up call.

Just like right now.

"Aaah! Intruder alert! Intruder alert!" Snotlout shouted as he ran with his rear on fire once again. His shouts immediately waking up the others as he ran by. "Ow, ow, ow! That's the third time this week!" He finally jumped in a trough full of water. "Ahhh! Sweet relief."

The Haddock twins quickly used the design of their traps to locate their intruder. "The Rumblehorn! It's headed for the Eastern beach." Hiccup stated. "Come on, you guys!"

They wasted no time getting on their dragons and flying off to the location. When they arrived, they found the net, seeming to caught the Rumblehorn. "Finally. We got it! Everybody stay back!" Hicca warned.

Tuffnut approached their new prisoner. "I didn't think it would be so smelly."

"I didn't think it would be so hairy." Ruffnut said, joining her twin.

"You try shaving with a hook for an arm!" A surprisingly familiar voice retorted.

Tuffnut didn't seem to place it. "The Rumblehorn talks! Quick, smack it."

"Cut me down, you simpleton!" Gobber demanded from inside the trap.

"Gobber?" Hicca asked, surprised to see the dragon dentist/blacksmith come all the way from Berk to their place.

"And it's got a bad attitude." Ruffnut said.

"Eh, nevermind!" Gobber said. He used his hook to slice through the net, setting himself free.

"Gobber, what did you do with our Rumblehorn?" Tuffnut demanded.

"Rumblehorn? What's a Rumblehorn?" The older man questioned.

"A new dragon that's been trying to chase us off the island." Fishlegs explained.

"Yeah, us and everything else." Astrid added.

"We've been trying to catch it and relocate it." Hiccup continued.

"Yet we caught you. Yay, us." Snotlout grumbled.