The Zippleback Experience

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Chapter 19: The Zippleback Experience

Six of the eight dragon riders paired up: Hiccup and Fishlegs, Hicca and Raeda and Astrid and Snotlout. Each pair and their dragons were carrying boulders to place on a specific part of the Edge.

Hiccup spotted the place. "Alright guys, let's drop the foundation right about...here." All the dragons dropped the boulders they were carrying. "That should work. Perfect location."

Fishlegs was very excited about their current project. "I, for one, couldn't be happier that we're finally-"

"Setting up the new watch tower." Snotlout finished in annoyance. "We know. We've been hearing about it for the past, oh, I don't know, week, month...What comes next?"

"Come on guys, look, this is important." Hicca insisted. "We've been seeing ships of the northern coast that have absolutely no reason to be there."

"Now with this-" Hiccup continued gesturing to the base of the watch-tower. "We can send up an early warning signal if they come into our waters."

"If you're talking about Dagur and Ryker, and that's who I assume we're talking about-" Snotlout started

"Actually we weren't referring to-"

"How about this?" Snotlout offered. "Whoever's out there that shouldn't be out there, let's just get on these very effective fire-breathing war machines and go off and blast them into oblivion."

"Because that's not who we are!" Hicca objected. "Since when do we go blasting people into oblivion?"

"Don't worry, Hookster. She doesn't speak for us." Snotlout reassured his dragon.

"WOO-HOO!"

That distant shout caused the six dragon riders to look at the source where they saw Ruffnut and Tuffnut Thorston riding down a snowy mountain on Barf and Belch.

"Or them. Definitely not for them." Snotlout added.

"You know that actually looks like fun." Raeda commented. The other five just looked at her. "What? I can't be the only one thinking it."

"Here we gooo!" Ruffnut hollered.

"Oh, I love to cut through the fresh powder. Don't you, sis?!" Tuffnut exclaimed.

"Yeah! Just like a warm knife through yak butter! Woo-hoo!" His sister cheered.

And because they could, the blonde twins decided to add to their fun by having the Zippleback blast at the snow. "Blast! Blast!" Tuff cheered as the explosions continued. "Yeah! Yeah! Again. Zippleback, baby!"

BOOM!

"Those two muttonheads better not bring all that snow up there down on us." Astrid said.

"It's not the snow I'm worried about." That's when the group noticed the avalanche caused by the explosions heading straight for the oblivious twins! "It's the ice!"

Hiccup quickly took off on Toothless towards the twins and the Zippleback. The others were right behind them.

And as if the avalanche wasn't enough, Ruff and Tuff then lost control of Barf and Belch, causing the two headed dragon to start skidding around uncontrollably. They quickly lost their grip on their dragon and fell off head first into the snow with their legs sticking up.

"That hurt." Ruff groaned, her voice muffled through the sand.

Stormfly and Meatlug quickly swooped in, the former grabbing Ruffnut and the latter grabbing Tuffnut and pulled them out of the snow before the avalanche could get them.