Total Nightmare

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Chapter 13: Total Nightmare

"Come on, Toothless! Faster, bud!" Hiccup shouted as they shot out of a tunnel hidden behind a waterfall. They then dove into a forest and raced through the trees.

The others were standing outside the Academy. Astrid spotted Hiccup and Toothless emerging from the cliffs through her spyglass. "There they are!".

"Close the dome!" Fishlegs told the blonde twins, who were standing near the lever.

"And so the drama begins..." Ruffnut said.

"One man, one dragon, one leg, vs one rapidly closing dome." Tuffnut said, as he and his sister pulled the lever.

Hiccup spotted the dome starting to close. "It's gonna be close!" He said to Toothless. The Night Fury continued to zip through the sea stacks. "No way he's making that." Snotlout scoffed.

"Don't underestimate my brother. He's always full of surprises." Hicca defended.

The duo then entered a cavern and raced through the tunnel, finding the path that led to the inside of the Academy.

It was a close call, but Hiccup and Toothless zoomed right through the doors just seconds before it closed. The Night Fury then landed on top of the Academy.

"What?!" Snotlout exclaimed in disbelief as the others started cheering.

"Told you, Snotlout." Hicca said to the Jorgenson boy.

"Great job as always Hiccup.." Raeda congratulated, clapping for him.

"Thanks, Rae. Good job, Toothless!" Hiccup praised, giving his best dragon friend a good rub.

"Alright, we're up." Snotlout declared, not wanting to be outdone yet again.

"Come on, nobody's able to beat the dome except Hiccup and Hicca." Fishlegs stated.

"Nobody 'til now." Snotlout corrected for the blonde boy. He got on his saddle.

"Guys, this was supposed to be a drill, do we have to turn it into a game?" Hiccup asked in exasperation.

"Don't we always?" Raeda pointed out.

"Good point." Hicca said.

"'Twas once a drill, then it became a game, now it is theater." Tuffnut said in a Shakespearean accent.

"Let the drama unfold!" Ruffnut said, in a similar accent.

"What's up with you two?" Raeda asked.

"Whatever it is, it's my turn." Snotlout said before Hookfang took off.

"I'll wager he loses an eye." Tuffnut said to his sister.

"Haha! On the contrary, I predict act one, scene one will conclude with the loss of a gallbladder." His twin disagree

"Or perhaps a leg." Tuffnut added, before turning to Hiccup as Toothless brought them to the ground. "What say you, young Hiccup?"

"Ook..." Hiccup trailed, not bothering to answer that.

Snotlout and Hookfang were off to a great start as they flew through the waterfall. Suddenly a screech from the distance caught Hookfang's attention. Suddenly his flight got a little erratic as he flew through the forest, causing his rider to hit more than a few branches. "Stay focused, Hookfang. Keep your head in the game. Hookfang!" Snotlout commanded as they flew out of the forest.