The Next Big Sting

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Chapter 12: The Next Big Sting

"Oh, my back." Tuffnut groaned as he and the other teens, minus Hicca, made it to the edge of a cliff. They were currently on a different island away from the Edge, having been brought by Hiccup, who has yet to tell them why,

"Okay Hiccup, you dragged us all the way up here." Astrid said to the auburn boy, once they stopped.

"Now what is it you have to show us?" Tuffnut asked. "It better involve food or destruction. Or a combination of the two."

"Does this have anything to do with the reason you kicked me out of my own forge." Raeda asked.

"I bet you're wondering why I brought you here today." Hiccup started to say, Toothless by his side. "And the answer is, to show you my latest invention." He takes the device from the saddle, which turns out to be a kite with six wings, four in the front and two in the back, and holds it up. "Presenting the Dragonfly One. Huh? Huh?" He flapped one of the wings for emphasis.

But the others didn't seem too impressed.

Tuffnut holds up Chicken, who merely clucks.

"The chicken is not amused." He said drily.

"What is it?" Snotlout asked.

"It's a flight suit." Hiccup answered. He was still met with blank stares. "Don't all applaud at once."

"I'm not letting you by yourself in the forge again." Raeda declared.

"Hiccup, I don't need to remind you that we already have flying dragons. Why would we ever need a flight suit?" Fishlegs questioned, putting his hand on Meatlug.

"Well, what if we were to get separated from our dragons mid-flight?" The Haddock boy pointed out. "We might need to solo fly until we catch up with them again."

The others were still skeptical about this new invention. "When this doesn't work, and it clearly will not, can I have Toothless?" Snotlout asked.

"Oh, for Thor's sake." Hiccup rolled his eyes and turned to the edge of the cliff, while Toothless gives a warning growl to Snotlout.

"What are you planning on doing here?" Astrid asked wearily.

"Jumping. Unless someone has a better idea." Hiccup challenged.

That just made the shield-maiden facepalm. "Boys!"

"Really Hiccup? Has there not been enough dangers face that you have to add to it." Raeda asked.

"Now that you mentioned it, it has been quiet this past week." Ruffnut stated.

"Guys, relax! Feel that updraft? That's why I chose this place." Hiccup reassured. "It'll pick up my wings and I'll be floating on a bed of air. He opens the Dragonfly One, but then notices one of the wings didn't open completely. He then grunts as he tries to open it.

"Or crashing on a bed of rock." Snotlout joked.

"Just so you know, I have Hicca and Midnight positioned there in case anything goes wrong." Hiccup said, gesturing to the area beyond the cliff. He then gives a signal to Toothless, who fires a plasma blast in the air.

From a distance, Midnight sees the blast and alerts her human. Hicca gets out her spy-glass and a medical kit. "Am I a good sister or a bad sister for letting this happen?" She asked her dragon as she focused the spy-glass on her idiotic brother.

Back on the cliffs. "Okay, everyone. Dragonfly One, maiden flight." With that Hiccup jumps off the cliff with a scream.

"Hiccup!" Astrid exclaimed as she and the others ran to get a look off the edge of the cliff.