Imperfect Harmony

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Chapter 3: Imperfect Harmony

After the discovery, Hiccup and Toothless wasted no time waking up the other dragon riders and gathering them in the Great Hall.

"Okay bud, go ahead." Hiccup said, after he set up the Dragon Eye. Just as before, Toothless gave a low heat at the eye of the object, causing a projection at the wall.

The other teens, who were rubbing their eyes before, were now fully alert at what they saw.

"Woah!" Astrid and Hicca breathed out.

"Amazing!" Snotlout said in awe.

"Beautiful!" Raeda said.

"Woah!" Ruffnut said.

"Cool!" Tuffnut exclaimed.

"Definitely worth getting up for." Fishlegs commented.

"Fishlegs, can you make any of it out?" Hiccup asked.

Fishlegs stepped closer to observe the symbols of the wall. "The're parts of maps and symbols. Nothing I've seen before and there is writing but it is in a language I've never read before." He replied.

One of the symbols caught Snotlouts' attention. "What's that thing?"

"That must be some kind of tribal crest or something." Hiccup inferred.

Hicca took a closer look at the symbol. "That crest, I feel like I've seen it before. But I can't place my finger on it."

"Ooh, I like that way better than our tribal crest." Tuffnut said.

"Tuff, we don't have a tribal crest." Raeda pointed out.

"Well we should." Ruffnut stated.

"Yeah, and it should be that." Tuffnut said, pointing to the crest.

"We can't use this if another tribe already has it." Hicca said.

Fishlegs looked at the map on the wall and noticed something. "Hiccup, Hicca, this map. You two realize it-"

"Goes beyond the boundaries of the archipelago." Hiccup finished. "Oh I know."

"So what's our next move?" Astrid asked

(Linebreak)

The next move was to attend the council meeting the next day, show them this discovery and discuss the course of actions accordingly.

"Look at this." Hiccup said, showing the council the projection. "There are maps we have never seen, writing we can't read, dragons that we don't recognize. It's incredible."

"This Dragon Eye, this is proof that there is a whole other world down there, a world that must be explored." Hicca finished.

"This sure beats normal council business." Gobber commented, while the other adults didn't say anything.

"It's alright lads, you can speak your mind. We're a council after all, that's why we're here." Stoick reassured.

"We've been at peace for three years, best years on Berk I can remember. I think you know as well as I do, when you go looking for trouble, you usually find it." Spitelout stated.

"I'm with Spitelout, if that Dragon Eye leads to unknown places and new wild dragons then no good will come from any of that." Sven agreed.

"I completely disagree, Sven. Look around you. How-how can you say that no good can come from discovering new species of dragons." Hiccup argued, gesturing to the dragons. "No if they're out there, we have to find them."