Have Dragons Will Travel (Part 2)

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Chapter 11: Have Dragons Will Travel (Part 2)

Previously...

The Dragon Riders heard news of a rogue dragon rider sinking ships. They investigated and soon found their old friend Heather, who now has her own dragon, a Razorwhip named Windshear. The group soon learns that Heather has changed since the last time they saw her, she's gotten tougher. Still wanting to find out about the ships, Hiccup, Hicca, Midnight and Toothless followed Heather and Windshear, which brought them to Johann. The man reveals that Heathers lost her home when it was under attack. She is taking revenge by attacking the people responsible and distributing their goods to the survivors of her island. The Haddock twins then raced to Heathers newest target, Dagur the Deranged. They reached just in time to find Heather and Windshear trapped in chains, being pulled to the Berserker ships.

"Come on, Windshear, get us out of here." Heather urged as they were being pulled down. The Razorwhip tried her hardest to break free, but it was no use.

On deck, Dagur was still smirking as he watched the duo being pulled closer to the ships. "Oh, Heather, don't fight it.

"Guys, we have to save her!" Quickly assessing the situation, Hicca and Hiccup wasted no time and dove towards them.

That's when Dagur spotted the new arrivals. "Well, look who the dragons flew in! Glad you could join us, brother and sister! It wouldn't feel like a family reunion without you." He then started laughing before turning to his soldiers. "Now, take out those Night Furies!"

Toothless and Midnight were quick to dodge the arrows and the nets while their humans looked for the right moment to strike.

"Blast the chains, Toothless/Midnight!" Hiccup and Hicca both ordered. The dragons did so, but to their surprise, the blast had no effect!

"What?!" Hicca exclaimed.

"Dragon-proof chains?!" Hiccup realized.

"Ha-ha! Nice try, Hiccup, and Hicca! You didn't think I'd make it that easy for you, did you?" Dagur shouted in triumph.

Savage turned to the other soldiers. "Come on, lads, get him!"

"Looks like Dagur's learning from the past. I'll give him that." Hicca said.

Their dragons continued to avoid the arrows, especially one that flew right past Hiccup's face. "Whoa! Okay, that was too close!" He said. They tried to think of another way. "Come on, guys. If we can't blast the chains..."

"Blast the winches!" Hicca finished, her eyes widened.

With this in mind, the group then knew what to do. They flew back to the ships.

Dagur watched as they flew closer. "Come to Dagur..."

"Ready..." Hicca said.

"Fire!" Hiccup exclaimed. Both dragons fired, this time at the winches. And just as the Haddock twins thought it wasn't fire-proof. "Nice shooting, guys!" Both dragons continued to fire at the other winches, setting Heather and Windshear free. Immediately, all three dragons flew higher up, safe from the ships.

Dagur then walked to a nearby soldier. "Ahem. Excuse me, what good are dragon-proof chains WITHOUT DRAGON - PROOF WINCHES?!" With that, he shoved the poor soldier into the hole formed from the plasma blast. The chief then turned to glare at the three dragons above.

Above, Heather returned the glare. Undeterred by their near capture, she was going to get Windshear to fly back down when Hicca and Midnight blocked her.