Chapter 16

After Juliet's quick talk with Tony in the lab she looked through her closet to see if there was anything she could possibly wear to the party. While she was looking for a decent dress her mind was in other places. 'Why did Tony call me down to his lab but rush to get me out of there? What could he possibly be doing down there that he doesn't want me to see?" She is broken out of her thoughts by a knock at her bedroom door.

"Hey kid! It's Uncle Clint!"

"You can come in!"

Clint opens her door and sees her entire wardrobe on the floor of her room and her bed. She continues to throw out a new article of clothing every few seconds. Clint can't help but chuckle at her antics. "What are you looking for, kid?"

"What are you doing walking around already?"

"Hey! I was all cleared by all of the doctors in this tower, so no need to be sassy. And I asked you first!"

"Well if you want the true answer, I am trying to find a dress for this stupid ass party that Tony is throwing."

"Language." Juliet pops her head out of her closet and raises an eyebrow at Clint. Is he really going to pull a Steve at the moment. Clint taking the full force of the Carter glare raises his hands in surrender. Juliet just turns back to what she was doing before Clint had interrupted her.

"Not that I don't enjoy your company, but why are you here?"

"Well my dearest Rogers I thought I could be of some assistance."

"In what ways, my dearest Uncle Barton?"

"I have Tony's credit card and he said we can go crazy, wanna go and find yourself a dress?" Before Clint could even finish that sentence, Juliet was already pulling him out of her room. She was practically skipping down the hall to the elevator with Clint being dragged behind her.

"Well, why didn't you start with that." It was going to be a very long day for the male but for the young lady she was determined to find the perfect dress for this party. Who doesn't love a little blast from the past?

Saturday night the Stark Tower was roaring with life, old veterans were all over the place along with a 'few' of Tony's 'close' friends. Which meant there are a shit ton of people at the Stark Tower, including the avengers. Though there is a certain brunette haired 14 year old that seems to be missing from the party. If there was one thing that Juliet had learned from Howard is that you always show up fashionably late. It makes the entrance and the reveal of the outfit even that more dramatic, and dramatics is exactly what Juliet is going for tonight.

Steve is playing pool with Sam and one of the many vets in the tower, but he keeps on glancing at the stairs. He doesn't mind losing this game of pool if it means he gets to see his daughter first. Sam notices that Steve doesn't seem to be entirely investing into their game of pool.

"You good Cap?"

"Ya, I'm just watching out for Juliet."

"Steve, the girl is getting ready. It takes time, plus if she is anything like you the is making sure that everything is perfect."

"Ok, ok! I'll stop stressing."

"Thank GAWD!" Sam says, and takes his shot. Steve laughs at how horrible the shot is but he lets Sam think it was good. He got lucky with finding a guy like sam to stick by his side.

On the other side of the room Tony is standing at the bar with Hill, Thor and Rhodey. Rhodey is telling the story of how he came to be War Machine but unfortunately the group wasn't that impressed. Tony is hardly even listening because he is too busy watching the elevator. Awkward silence settles on the group and Tony sends Rhodes a pity smile.