Chapter 18

The suits come toward the group at full speed with no warning. Steve pushes Juliet away before throwing the coffee table at the bots. He wasn't expecting the table to come back at him, in Steve's moment of shock he is thrown back and hits the ground hard. Juliet runs to help her dad but almost gets attacked by one of the suits. Luckily Thor hits the machine with his hammer and Juliet sends him a quick nod before making her way towards her dad.

"Papa! Are you alright?" Juliet grabs Steve's face but he pays no attention to her as she assesses his injuries. He's trying to find a spot for Juliet to stay out of the fight. Steve notices Natasha and Bruce behind the bar. He knows that the duo won't let anything happen to his daughter.

"Juliet, I need you to get behind the bar."

"But"

"Juliet no but's. I need you to go. Now." Steve demands her and pushes her toward the direction of the Bar. Juliet sees Natasha and Bruce behind the bar and runs to the duo. One of the suits notices her movement and goes to attack but Steve jumps on it. Juliet makes it to cover just as her dad is being pushed into the wall. The wall breaks around him and the suit that he is trying to distract away from his daughter.

"Papa!" Juliet goes to stand up but Bruce grabs her before she could even move. She looks up at him and he shakes his head. Bruce adjusts their position to where his body is completely covering Juliets. If anything were to shoot at them Bruce would be the one to get hit.

Steve gets thrown onto the ground and notices that one of Tony's suits is aiming at Dr. Cho who is hiding behind the grand piano. Steve runs over to the suit and throws it to Thor who destroys it in less than a second. Juliet tries to see more but Bruce wouldn't let her move very much. She notices the fight is over after she hears her father throw his shield, slicing one of the suits in the process. Bruce also notices the fight is over and allows Juliet to move from his arms. Juliet frantically looks around and spots Steve. The moment her eyes land on him she is sprinting straight towards him. She rams herself into his back and squeezes him until her arms hurt.

"That was dramatic." Ultron says. Juliet can't figure out if he is saying that about the fight or if he is saying that about her. Either way he is the reason for the dramatics. "I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through."

Steve walks forward making his way towards Ultron but Juliet doesn't move with him. She let's go of his waist and stands where he left her. Juliet didn't understand his point in moving, it's like he forgot about her. Her mom always did say that he would get distracted and forget about those around him. All but one, and it wasn't Juliet's mom.

"You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?" Ultron questions the group but turns his attention to the girl left alone. She felt vulnerable under Ultrons gaze, why was he speaking to her? "With these? These puppets?" Ultron questions as he picks up one of the broken suits. Ulrton crushes its head like it was nothing and Juliet stares in shock. "There is only one path to peace. The Avengers extinction." Ultron looks directly at Juliet at the last statement.

Juliet goes to ask a question but Thor throws his hammer and destroys Ultron's body before she could ask. The body crumbles to the ground and before the suit completely dies Ultron says "I had strings, but now I'm free." Juliet knew that movie reference. She had never been more scared of a Disney movie than at that moment. She'll never be able to watch Pinocchio again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Avengers now stand in Tony's lab as Banner looks through all of their research to see if anything was left. Juliet sits on one of the many lab chairs watching the group with hooded eyes. Her eyes are rimmed in red and now that her makeup has faded her bags are very apparent to anyone in the room. Everything is so new to the girl and being thrown into a situation like this isn't helping with her adjustment. She would like to say that she has done a good job adjusting to the new time period, but with all of this Ultron stuff happening she has never been more confused. She wished everything was as simple as it was when she was with her mother and Howard. When computers were the size of an entire room and only the most elite people and governments had computers. She never had to deal with robots trying to take over the world or kill her family.