Chapter 17

Juliet didn't realize how close the Avengers were until the after party. Everyone is sitting around a coffee table chatting and laughing. Juliet watches as everyone interacts with one another, she's never seen a group of people interact like this. She was homeschooled by Howard and when he threw parties she was never allowed to stay for the after parties. In his words "After parties are for grown folks. There is too much talk about fondue for your pure ears". So far the group hasn't once talked about fondue. Howard was such a liar. Juliet sits snuggled into her fathers side as she watches Clint play with a drumstick. She can't help but wonder where the hell he got it.

"But it's a trick." Clint states about the powers of Thor's hammer. Juliet is still trying to wrap her head around gods being real. Now the group is trying to figure out how his hammer works? Ya no thanks she thinks to herself.

"No, no. It is much more than that." Thor responds back to Clint as he hands Steve a new beer. Juliet lost count of how many drinks her father and Thor have had. The super soldier serum apparently works wonders, she can't help but want to try that theory out. How much alcohol would it take for her to be black out drunk? One day, one day she'll figure it out.

"Who's worthy shall have the power! Whatever man, it's a trick!" Clint retorts back to Thor's comment.

"Please be my guest." Thor says as he points to the hammer. Everyone quiets down adn looks between Thor and Clint. Juliet's interest peaks and she sits up from her slouched position. This is going to be interesting.

"Really?" Clint gives everyone a sideways glance as Thor continues to motion towards the hammer.

"Ya!" Thor looks over at Juliet and winks. She smiles at him and watches as Clint gets up from the floor and makes his way towards the hammer. Juliet was going to make a sarcastic comment to him about being injured but Tony beats her to the punch.

"Clint you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up."

"Ya Clint! As Tony said" Juliet pipes up from her spot and everyone besides Clint chuckles at her antics. Clint just rolls his eyes and sticks his tongue out Juliet. It was her turn now to chuckle at his childish antics.

"You know I've seen this before." Clint tells Thor and tries to pick up the hammer. Everyone watches as he grunts and strains himself to pick up the hammer but it doesn't budge. Clint starts to chuckle as he lets go. "And I still don't know how you do it!"

"Smell the silent judgement?" Tony asks with a smirk.

"Please, Stark, by all means." Clint says as he points to Tony then the hammer. Tony, being Tony can't say no to the challenge and gets up from the couch. As he stands he pops his suit jacket and puts down his drink.

Juliet and Rhodey watch and both say "Uh-oh" at the same time.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge." Tony says to Clint as they bump shoulders. Tony smirks over at Juliet, and she smirks right back at him.

"Get after it." Clint tells Tony, breaking Tony away from his eye contact with Juliet.

"It's physics." Tony explains as he wrapped the leather strap around his arm before grabbing the handle of the Hammer. Bruce agrees with Tony's statement that it is all physics. "Right, so, if I lift it, then I rule Asgard?" Tony questions Thor.

"Yes, of course." Thor says. Juliet notices that her dad is trying to hold in his laughter. He's not doing a very good job because the only way he is hiding his amusement is by covering his mouth with his fist. Juliet then looks over at Thor to see his reactions and he looks so over the whole situation. Who can blame the guy, everyone is questioning if his 'powers' are even real.