Chapter 4

Three people are surrounding a box in the middle of a Hydra base deathly quiet. Two of the people are looking at the tall blonde with shock in their eyes. And the tall blond is looking at the file in his hands with a blank expression. Little did his companions know that he was freaking out inside.

"Steve do you know who this girl is? I mean she has your last name and Bucky's name."

"I don't know. I truly don't know Nat."

"Well Steve the only reason she would have your last name is because she is your kid."

"Natasha Peggy and I didn't even... oh Lord."

'I left Peggy pregnant. What if this is all a lie? Maybe Hydra is trying to trick us. I have a kid.'

     Steve walks over to the tube that contains the girl and looks at the face on the other side of the glass. He is trying to find any features that he could pin to himself and Peggy. The redhead is looking at him with a sad look in her eyes. Natasha knew that coming here was a bad idea, she should have followed her gut.

"Steve, what do you wanna do?"

"Tony you said she was alive, right?"

"Yes but..."

    "What Tony." Steve interrupts before Tony could finish his sentence. "If this girl is really my daughter then we are getting her out of this thing. There is no ands, ifs, or buts got it." Steve can't get it out of his head that he left Peggy alone to raise his child. This little girl grew up without a father, and it was all Steve's fault.

     " I get that Steve, I do. But I don't have the tech to keep her alive for the trip back, so we have to wake her now. Then hope for the best when it comes to the trip back home."

     Steve looks shocked at what he just heard Tony say. "What do you mean that you don't have the tech to keep her alive in the tube! You are Tony Stark you have everything!"

    "For one Cap it isn't a tube so stop saying that because it is a chamber, and the chamber is super old tech. The new tech wouldn't adapt to the old tech and the old tech wouldn't be able to function with the new tech. So it is up to you, we wake the girl up now and hope she makes it on the way home. Or we leave her here."

    "We are obviously going to wake her up now Stark. I'm not just going to leave her here to die." Steve's voice sounds dangerously irritated with what Tony suggested on doing. This is the only family he has left, Bucky is still in hiding and Peggy is old with dementia. Steve has no one left so this girl is his only saving grace. "Natasha can you please go find some blankets somewhere. I can only imagine how cold she is going to be."

     "No problem Cap." Natasha salutes to him and walks out of the room. Steve turns over to Tony and sees that he is already typing away on the computer figuring out how to get the girl out of the chamber.

"Sorry Tony."

    Tony doesn't even look up from the screen when Steve apologizes to him. "For what Steve?"

"For snapping at you back there. It's just if this is my daughter she is all I have left."

"Don't worry about it Cap, I get it, I felt the same way about Pepper when she got taken."

"Thank you Tony."

    "No worries. Now stop talking to me so I can figure out how to get mini Capsicle out of here." Steve laughs at the nickname that his daughter has already been given by Tony. Looking back at the camber as Tony calls it he can only imagine what his daughter is like. 'Will she like me? Does she know who I am? Oh lord what if they whipped her like they did Bucky.' At that thought Steve runs over to the box to see if there was any information if she was whipped or not. Tony looks up from the computer when he hears Steve run for the box and frantically search for something.

    "If you are going to continue to make noise Steven, I am going to have to ask you to leave." Steve takes the hint and continues his search but quite now. Tony rolls his eyes and goes back to figuring out how to open the chamber. He didn't want to say anything to Steve but Tony feels as though he knows the girl. Finally after what feels like forever but was truly only about five minutes Tony can open the chamber. "Steve"

"Yes."

    "I can open the chamber." with those simple words Steve is next to Tony in a flash. "Are you sure this is what you wanna do? Are you ready for what will happen after this?"

    "Tony, she is all I have left. I have to be ready for her." With that Tony nods and presses the button on the screen to open up the chamber. As the chamber opens you can hear and see the cold air comes out of it. Nat walks through the door right as the chamber opens all the way to show the girl in all her entirety.

    Steve notices that she is pretty pettit compared to all the women that he knows, the girl couldn't be taller than five feet. He smiles at the thought of their height difference and how she will be the tiniest thing compared to him. Steve also notices that her hair is to her mid back, and that it had natural waves.

    "Wow" Steve had no words, but he couldn't wait for her to open her eyes. He couldn't tell from the picture that was attached to her file. All he knew was that she had lighter color eyes and that is it.

"How are her vitals?"

    "She is all good Steve, perfectly healthy and not even a scratch on her. I gotta say she is very pretty." Tony responds to him at his last comment Steve shoots Tony a small glare.

     "Well we definitely know that she didn't get that from you." Tony and his smart remarks, but Steve wasn't even affected by it, all he could do was stare at his daughter. While the boys were busy admiring the girl as she slept Natasha set up a cot for the girl. Natasha knew that the boys weren't paying attention to realise that she was strapped into the chamber.

    "Are you two done staring at the girl?" Her voice shocked the two as they were too busy worrying about getting the littlest Rogers out to even realise that she was there. "She needs to be layed down and covered with the blankets that you asked for Steve."

"Ya, right, sorry."

"Wow Romanoff do you already have a soft spot for this kid. I truly didn't think you had a heart."

    "Shut up Tony. We both know I don't have a heart." as the two of them laugh Steve looks at the two with irritation in his eyes. Yes he got off the metal straps but he didn't want his daughter to wake up to people being loud.

"Can you both shut up. I don't need my daughter to wake up because you Two sound like dying Hyenas."

    Natasha and Tony look at each other with wide eyes. 'Was that Sarcasm from Steve' Tony thinks to himself. Both Natasha and Tony stand at attention and salute Steve.

"Sir yes Sir"

    Steve rolls his eyes for what he feels like the hundredth time that day and lays his daughter down on the cot. He can't help but look at her face with all her soft features. 'She's perfect.' Steve sits down at the head of the cot and just strokes her hair, moving it away from her face and getting the tangles out of it. Natasha and Tony look at him with soft eyes, they had seen steve this happy ever. They notice how his posture has become more calm now and that he is truly smiling, he finally has something to smile for.

    As the two look at Steve they don't notice the girl starting to come too. First it was her fingers twitching, then it was her foot moving before she opened her eyes to see a blurred person above her. The girl blinked a couple times until her eyesight isn't fuzzy, then noticed the man that was sitting by her head stroking her hair.

"Dad?"

---------------------------------------------------------

    Sorry for the long wait guys! It has been a crazy couple of weeks but I hope that you like this Chapter. You guys will get all the Steve and Juliet content in the next chapter.  But for now this will have to do. I am hoping to get a posting schedule up for the next chapter, so that information will be posted before the chapter starts. Please comment your thoughts on the book so far. I read all the comments.

Love,

Your Author