Chapter 15

After laying down Juliet in her bed Tony decided to make his way to the lab to check on Dr. Cho and see how Clint is doing. Clint is still kinda out of it but his wound is looking a lot better thanks to the cradle. Tony mentally gives himself a pat on the back, no one knows self assurance like Tony does. As he goes to leave the lab he notices that Natasha was waiting for him and that Bruce was heading his way.

"How is he doing?" Bruce asks as he walks by Tony.

"Unfortunately, he's still Barton." Tony snarkily responded back.

"That's horrible." Bruce plays along with Tony. This is why they are the science bros, they know each other too damn well.

"He's fine, he's thirsty." Tony says walking away from the other man. Bruce takes this as his que to go check on Clint himself, while Tony admires his technology but most importantly Jarvis.

"Look alive Jarvis, it is play time. We only have a couple days with this joystick so lets make the most of it." Tony starts to make his analysis on Loki's scepter with the help of Jarvis. Jarvis points out to Tony that the stone on Loki's scepter seems to be a protector for something inside the stone.

"Are you sure he is going to be ok?" Natasha is watching as Clint's wound gets healed up and she is pretty skeptical if it will actually help him or not. She just wants Dr. Cho confirmation that he is going to be just fine. Dr. Cho just gives Natasha a knowing look.

"Pretending to need this guy brings the team together." Natasha teases an awake and in pain Clint. He can't help but roll his eyes at her jab, just because he doesn't have cool superpowers doesn't mean he is of lesser value. He is still cool with his perfect aim in his opinion!

"There's no possibility of deterioration." Cho informs Natasha but she isn't even paying attention to the doctor anymore. Natasha's attention is on Bruce who had just entered the room that Clint is being healed in.

"She is creating tissue." Bruce happily tells Natasha, she can help but smile at the man. Clint is watching this interaction with knowing eyes. Clint just hopes that Bruce doesn't destroy his best friend's heart.

"Oh he's flatlining! Call it!" Tony walks into the room with drinks for everyone in his hands. But oh how he loves to tease and probe at his teammates. It really does bring him such joy!

"Oh no no no, I'm going to live forever." Clint finally decided to pipe up. "Haha, I'm going to be made of plastic." Tony goes around and gives Clint his drink first as Dr Cho corrects Clint and says that he will be made out of himself. And that not even his own girlfriend would be able to tell the difference.

"I don't have a girlfriend."

"That I can't fix." The doctor replays but Nat and Clint give each other a knowing glance. No one notices the looks between the two friends because Tony is too distracted by what Dr Cho is saying.

"This is the next thing Tony! Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust."

"That is exactly the plan." Tony happily states back. All the others give each other an uncertain look at his statement. "Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday."

"Unlike you I don't have a lot of time for parties." The doctor retorts back. Tony just raises his eyebrows at her. If this is how she is going to play it then he'll play ball.

"I know a certain god will be there."

"Then I'm in."

While the rest of the team is in the lab Steve takes this opportunity to go and check on his sleeping daughter. He's not as blind as she thinks he is, he has noticed the dark bags under her eyes and how she looks in the morning. He also knows exactly what she is going through because he went through the same emotions and nightmares after he was woken up. It's not fun but you learn to adjust and when to ask for help.