Chapter 8

"So you are telling me that Aliens came to Earth."

"Yes."

"And there are people that are 'gods', but you still believe in only one God." When saying gods Juliet does air quotes. Steve can see on Juliets the shock that he still only believes in one God, Steve chuckles to himself.

"There is only one God and I am certain that he doesn't dress like Thor or Loki so yes."

"And computers are small enough that you can hold on your lap? You're telling me that they don't take over entire rooms anymore?"

"Yep, and cell phones you can carry in your pocket."

"Is there anything else I should know about?"

"There is a lot that you missed but I think those are the major points so far. Tony will probably think of other things to tell you but for now that is it."

"Are you sure? I mean there isn't anything else big that you need to tell me?"

Steve searches his mind to see if he missed anything, then it hit him in the face. More like it spoke up from the walls. Of Course Jarvis has the best timing.

"Mr. Rogers the others were wondering if you were going to come up for dinner. Also they wanted to check up on Miss Juliet." Juliet jumps a foot off the couch and looks around with wide eyes. Her face is flushed like she is experiencing a traumatic memory from the past. She looks around frantically and her hands are shaking out of control.

"What the hell is that!" Juliet looks at Steve for an answer and he is shocked by how she is acting. He wasn't prepared for this kind of reaction from her but Jarvis beats Steve before he can respond to Juliet.

"Excuse my rudeness Miss Juliet. I am JARVIS standing for Just A Rather Very Intelligent System. I was made by Mr Stark to help him with anything, I am programmed in all of his houses and buildings. If you ever need me just call out to me."

"Your name is Jarvis?"

"Yes Miss."

"Well thank you Jarvis. If I need any help or have any questions I will come to you for guidance." Juliet looks at Steve while he looked down with embarrassment written all over his face. "You didn't think Jarvis was important?" Juliet raises her eyebrow in a questioning manner.

"I kinda forgot about Jarvis..." The father and daughter look at one another then burst into laughter. Something so simple can take away all the tension from the both of them. Up until this point the both of them were being careful with one another. They didn't want to say the wrong thing and ruin any chance of a good start.

While the both of them calm down from their laughing fit Juliet looks up at her dad and has a new thought. Juliet isn't sure if she should ask because she doesn't know if she wants to know the answer. Juliet has zoned out and in that time Steve has calmed down and is also looking at his daughter. He knows that she wants to say something but is holding herself back. Juliet makes the same face as Peggy when she wants to say something but isn't sure if she should say it or not. Her nose crinkles slightly and her eyebrows furrow, but unlike Peggy she has a little pout to her lips and Steve can't get over how cute her expression is.

"What is it?"

Juliet looks up coming back from her thoughts and has no idea what Steve just asked her. "What?"

"You want to say something. I can tell by your facial expression."

"Well... It's kinda personal and I don't want to cross any lines." Steve is shocked by that statement and reaches out to her hands that were in her lab and grabs them.

Looking right into her blue eyes that she shares with him "Doll I am your dad, you never have to worry about crossing a line with me. I love you and you should never be nervous to talk to me."

"So Tony is Howards and Maria's kid right. The last living Stark?"

"Yes, unfortunately."

"How did they die dad?"

"They died in a car crash when Tony was in his twenties."

Juliet looks down when a thought occurs to her. This whole time she has been with her dad but what happened to her mom. Is she dead, she has to be her mom would be like 98 years old.

"Is mom still around..."

"Ya..." Steve wasn't ready for what was going to come next.

"Really!" Juliet looks up so fast with joy in her eyes then the hope and joy fades away. She just remembered that her father didn't know about her so her mother never talks about her. "She doesn't talk about me, does she?" Steve had tears in his eyes as he responds to his daughter. He can see how distraught Juliet is.

"She's so old doll.She doesn't even remember that I have come back every time that I go and visit her. I'm sure if you go with me to visit she will be so happy to see you. ."

"No it's alright, I don't wanna end up giving her a heart attack."

"Juliet,..."

"No truly dad it is fine. She is old now and I was missing for so long, I'm sure she doesn't remember me. Why would I want to cause her more pain by going and seeing her. It probably wouldn't be good for her health anyway." Juliet's voice cracks and Steve can see that her eyes are getting glossy with unshed tears.

"Juliet, it's ok to not be ok."

Juliet takes a big breath, wipes her eyes then instantly perks up. She looks up at her dad and smiles like nothing was wrong just a few seconds ago. Steve is shocked by how fast she can hide her emotions. It reminds him too much of Tony, there is going to be a lot of problems with him trying to get Juliet to open up.

"So when am I going to meet the rest of the group?"

"Excuse me! What?"