✦ More Drafts ✦

you guys know the drill. i hit a bit of a writer's block, so here's a few more drafts, idk man. i barely edited them so don't mind any mistakes, oops. 

---

[this one is really, really short. it was gonna be a 'baby it's cold outside' au type thing (minus the icky stuff) but, i just . didn't write it, oops.]

The snow fell in thick sheets outside the paned window behind the couple beside the fireplace -- crackling and ushering its warmth onto them as Gerard chuckled softly, the sound of Sinatra singing smoothly from the record player behind them.

He took a sip of the glass filled with dark wine, cheeks ever-so-lightly flushed and rosy -- lashes fluttering in the warm glow of the fire as his full, hazel irises met Frank's own watching him with glimmering adoration -- the softest of smiles chasing the ends of his lips as they curled ever-so-slightly, the tip of his nose rosy to match his very own cheeks.

"Tonight has been a lot of fun," Gerard admitted softly, voice smooth as he bit down on his lip -- thumb sweeping across Frank's knee. "I really do enjoy getting to know you better, Frank."

"You as well," Frank replied, eyes crinkling ever-so-slightly as his smile shone effortlessly charmingly -- his tattooed hand carefully coming to place atop Gerard's on his knee. "You're very lovely, Gerard. I'd love to go out with you again sometime."

"I think that sounds nice," Gerard replied, discreetly scooting in a bit closer towards the other. "

[yea i told you it was short, eek.]

[AH aH ok this one is canonically in the ultimate guide universe, so. do with this what you will. this one is short too, but longer than the last one, at least. i'm still thinking of possibly, possibly doing a sequel, soo...,, idk.]

Sunlight fluttered through the slits in the blinds, the curtains tugged to cover nearly the whole window -- but missing the smallest bit, casting shadows of morning glow over the silken sheets of the two men curled in close together, Christmas morning finally upon them.

Gerard was tucked into Frank's back, snugly fit together as their legs tangled loosely. They'd come apart during the night in the midst of holding the other close -- soft breathing and gentle hair tickling the back of Frank's neck as he slowly stirred.

He murmured absentmindedly to himself, lashes fluttering as he rolled over -- arm wrapping instinctually around his husband beside him while they melded in further to the other, sleep playing beneath their eyelids as they slowly stirred from their slumber.

Frank's half-asleep mind hadn't quite caught onto the realization that it was Christmas morning yet. He was still halfway focused on the warmth of Gerard against him, bare chests flush together and the thick sheets hitched over their shoulders -- protecting them from the cold as Gerard sighed quietly in contentment. His lips murmured as his eyes moved beneath closed lids, head shifting as he relaxed further into the pillow beneath him.

It had been another ten minutes or so before Frank's eyes had finally come blinking open, met with Gerard blissful right in front of him -- smiling gently as he softly soothed his thumb over the flat planes of his husband's back, rubbing up and down as Gerard himself began to wake.

It was tender, and all was silent as they both lay face to face on their respected pillows, smiling oh-so-gently as they slowly drifted from the wake of sleep.  Regaining consciousness, Frank adoringly brushed their noses together, letting himself giggle light as ever as Gerard's lashes fluttered, cheeks rosy.

"It's Christmas, love," Frank finally caught on, whispering in a soft utter as Gerard nodded, eyes slipping shut once more.

"Merry Christmas, Frankie," Gerard replied, voice muffled from where his sleepy face was buried into his newly-wed husband