Another Unfinished Draft :l

A/N; uh, hi. i was gonna make a whole sad oneshot off of promise me by badflower, but i lost motivation again :( so, most of it is when they're still young, eek. enjoy?

"Hey, Gee?" Frank asked quietly. His feet kicked from the top of the playground equipment where they were settled, hands fiddling whilst he gazed at them. All alone in silence as evening hit.

Gerard looked over, humming a little bit. "Yeah?"

"Do you ever get scared about getting old?" Frank answered, his lips tugged into a little frown -- out of place on his normally smiling face.

"Why?" Gerard asked, eyebrows knitting.

"I dunno," Frank shrugged a bit, feet still kicking in the air. "It's just scary... I don't want to grow up."

Gerard cocked his head a little bit, but nodded. Frank often had too many thoughts crammed into that little head of his -- a ten-year-old genius, of sorts -- both a blessing, and a curse. "Why not?"

"Because, Gerard," Frank exasperated a little bit. An obvious glance was thrown to his arm, where his cast had finally been removed -- and the scratches on his knees, paired with healing scabs. "You get hurt..."

"But, that wasn't your fault," Gerard argued gently, frowning at the signatures all over the material. "The kid pushed you off the equipment..."

"But that woulda' never happened if our moms hadn't let us go alone," Frank protested, his feet finally pausing. "People are mean enough, already. Haven't you heard of all the bullies in middle school?"

"But we're still in fourth grade," Gerard replied to his best friend since the first of said grades -- the other's kindergarten year spent at another school. "We've got another two years before we have to worry about that, Frank."

"I know," Frank said, tugging on the skin at his nails. "But we're gonna get there eventually. I just wanna pretend like we don't have to worry about anything, G. I wanna be able to hang out with you all the time, but we can't now that we're older..."

"Why can't we?" Gerard asked, frowning himself. "You've only just turned ten, Frank... it's not like we're off to high school, or anything."

"I haven't told anybody this..." Frank whimpered quietly, avoiding Gerard's worried gaze. "That English test we had to take on Wednesday? I... I failed it, Gerard. I failed the freakin' test!"

Gerard gasped a little bit, which didn't help Frank's ashamed expression. "What? How?"

"I don't know..." Frank sniffled a little bit. "Mama is so mad at me, she said that she might ground me if I get another bad grade... and-- school is just so hard, G. I can't do it anymore, I hate fourth grade! It sucks."

Gerard gasped a little bit more, frowning. "Frank, don't curse... I-- why don't you just try and ask Miss J for help?"

"I can't," Frank sighed. "It's terrifying, I don't want to feel even more stupid than I already am... and, everybody'll make fun of me if I have to get extra help."

"No, they won't," Gerard assured. "I mean, you don't see people picking on the kids who have to go to ESL, do you? This isn't any different... you need the help, Frankie, you said it yourself."

"Well, that is different," Frank argued. "They didn't speak English to start with. I've spoken English my whole life... it's embarrassing."

Gerard sighed a little bit, unsure of what to do to make his best friend feel any better. "Well... maybe I can help. What about it is hard?"