✧ Happily Ever After ✧

i'm back with another freakishly long oneshot!! i had a really fun time with this one, and have always wanted to write a full-length royal/medieval au, but had never had the commitment to do so :'( anyways, this monster is over 9,000 words long, and i hope it makes up for the last one :') enjoy! <3

edit: this is my third time (and hopefully last time) attempting to publish this, because wattpad decided to pull a stupid and delete a whole bunch of parts?? i lost half of the editing that i did :/ and now this is just a mess, so i apologize if there is any formatting issues or mistakes in general, pls blame wattpad and feel free to point any of those mistakes out :/// enjoy, for real this time.

edit: f o u r t h, and this better be the last >:(( i deeply apologize if u read this mess while it was still fucked up

----

"Mother," Frank greeted quietly, walking into the throne room with a bowed head and polite smile.

"Oh, hello, Franklin," She smiled, shooing off the advisors swarming around her as she stepped closer to her son. "How are you this morning?"

"I was planning on venturing down into town today," Frank said simply, getting straight to the point. "I'm thinking of taking Beverly with, as well as Charles."

"The horse and the dog?" His mother asked, glancing at her son as they walked down the hallway. "Wouldn't you like to bring James with you? I'm sure it could never harm you to have some protection."

"Mother, you know that Charles would tear off somebody's arm if they attempted to get near me," Frank chuckled. "I assure you that I don't need protection. The townsfolk like me anyways, there's no need."

"I suppose that's true..." She said with a short sigh. "You really should be more cautious, you know."

"Mother, I'm nearly eighteen," Frank rationed, raising his eyebrows as they turned the corridor, smiling politely at two passing ladies. "Besides, you know that I've trained so much with the guards that I could become one if I so pleased. I could take down anybody I wanted if they challenged me to a duel."

His mother sighed and smoothed down the corset of her dress, glancing at Frank with warm eyes. "You are just like your father, I will have you know that."

"So I've been told," Frank chuckled, glancing ahead at the end of the hall. "I've also been told that father used to sneak out of the castle, to go visit a fair maiden from town..." He said slowly, gauging his mother's reaction as she only rolled her eyes with a small laugh.

"Franklin, are you suggesting that you are attempting to go visit a maiden?" She asked in return, turning the tables onto a blushing Frank.

"Not exactly, ma'am." He replied. "What I'm trying to ration is, that father snuck out of the castle with no permission, and he got away with it. I'm just going to mention, that I am asking for permission, and I will be accompanied by the animals."

His mother sighed softly and glanced at her son once more. "Goodness, you are just like your father." 

Frank glanced at her hopefully, his eyes shimmering as she reached out and brushed a curl from his face, smiling softly. "Even down to the eyes," She said slowly, brushing her fingertips over his cheekbone. "You're an exact replica of your father."

Frank smiled, placing his hand on top of hers cupping his cheek. "So, will you allow me to go?"

She hesitated for a brief moment, before shaking her head and smiling. "Fine, go," She said, making her son beam and light up with excitement. "And tell the maiden that I said hello."