✦ 'Sweet' Revenge ✦

i swear i rewrote this at least four times in order to get it how i wanted, and it still wasn't what i had envisionned, jfc. i got huge writers block over writing halloween oneshots, and this is really the only one that i've pushed myself to finally get through. i actually really like the concept and the aesthetic of it all though.

also, i highly recommend checking out the song because it SLapS like hot damn-- i'm sad though, because it's the only released song by the artist :'( i've literally been vibin' to it for months and i'm still not sick of it, so that's how good it is :0 anYWAYS, ENJOY--

----

****TW: murder/death, blood/gore, slurs, bullying.****

Gerard smiled softly to himself as he wandered down the packed hallways of school -- his notebooks pressed against his chest as he tilted his head softly, innocent as he could be as silently watched the surrounding students.

Half of his dark, raven hair fell into his face in messy curls, the other half neatly clipped back by a bright butterfly clip -- the simple accessory filling him with euphoria, and making him feel prettier than he previously had been.

His dress hung from his form delicately -- earning him plenty of strange looks, but the boy ignored them as he instead focused on how lovely the outfit made him feel -- consisting of two parts, the top half of the dress was simply a mid-length sleeve shirt, made of soft cotton and colored with calm, grey stripes across the width of it. The bottom of the dress was separated by a pale pink bow tied across his waist, connected to the matching pink, flowing fabric pooling around his thighs, ending just above his knees.

His face was coated in simple makeup, just plain, light crimson eyeshadow dusted onto his eyelids along with small streaks of eyeliner, and mascara coating his long eyelashes -- finishing off the look with glittery gloss on his lips and light blush dusted across his cheeks. And well, lastly, his legs were covered with white knee-high socks, and his shoes just his plain old red converse -- his confidence upped and his nerves shaky, his stomach queasy as ever.

"Oh. My. God," The nasally voice of Kara dead-panned -- Gerard tensing as he felt her presence appear behind him, her snarky laugh bellowing through his eardrums. "Gerard, honey, what the hell are you wearing?"

Gerard gulped, ignoring her and continuing to walk straight ahead, avoiding her piercing gaze into his skin -- feeling it rake up and down his body as she scoffed, her nose curling.

"What, did you just leave clown school?" She continued, tilting her head teasingly as her long, brunette locks fell past her shoulders in annoyingly perfect waves. "Or are you off to join the circus?"

"L--leave me alone," He managed sternly, turning and sending his best attempt at a stern look towards her.

"No, no, Gerard, darling," She laughed -- her pet names cruel and degrading rather than uplifting as they should have been used for. "Why? Pink? What made you think that was a good idea? You know that pink looks horrid on you, especially with all that extra weight you've put on."

Gerard didn't reply, keeping his gaze down ashamedly as he continued clutching his things tightly.

"I mean, seriously," She rambled on. "You look bad enough in a dress, much less one that makes you look like a fucking elf. No-- no, wait, sorry, I forgot. A clown."

"S--shut up," Gerard mumbled, rolling his eyes weakly and swallowing thickly.

"No, really, I'm just trying to help you, love," She said, pouting her lip teasingly. "Your makeup is all sorts of tacky. Really, I think you'd look much better if you just... " She slowed, reaching out her perfectly manicured fingertip and smudging his eyeliner harshly -- Gerard flinching back instantly, smacking her hand away with a curled nose.