✧ Activation Day - Part II ✧

i've been on a roll, so here's part two :*

"Gerard, come here!"

Gerard glanced up from the vegetables he had been dicing, and looked over his shoulder to see if he could spot where Frank was beckoning him to. When he didn't see anything but an empty doorway, and the living room past that, he gently placed the knife onto the cutting board and wandered out of the kitchen.

"Where are you?" Gerard called backed, glancing down the hallway curiously.

"Sunroom!"

Gerard smiled gently to himself, making his way down the remainder of the short hallway and towards the back of the house. And as a short glance through the small windows into the room revealed, surely, there Frank was - standing with his back towards Gerard and gazing out into the backyard.

Gerard stood there for a few moments - simply admiring the beauty in front of him - before he pulled open the door. As he entered, Frank instantly turned around - beaming as Gerard approached him.

"Hey, handsome." Frank teased, wrapping his arms around Gerard once he was close enough.

Gerard chuckled and pecked Frank's lips, smiling as the smaller man giggled into the kiss.

"What's up? Did you want me to see something?" Gerard asked, glancing over Frank's shoulder to look into the backyard curiously.

"The sunset!" Frank exclaimed excitedly, separating from Gerard and instead grabbing his hand.

Tugging Gerard towards the screened-in back wall, Frank beamed excitedly up at his love as they gazed out.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Frank asked with a content sigh, leaning against Gerard with a gentle smile.

"It is." Gerard replied, admiring the way the sky seemed to melt among the horizon - with saturated hues of dark oranges and pinks swirling and intoxicating the trees of their backyard with it's heavenly glow. The entire yard, it seemed like, was lit up by the sun falling behind the trees - like the sky was caramel oozing and melting to drape over all of the greenery of the Iero-Way household.

"I love sunsets." Frank said after a few moments of peaceful silence, "They remind me of you."

"How so?" Gerard questioned, a soft smile toying on his lips as he gazed down at the man he loved.

"Remember the first time we said we loved each other?"

Gerard nodded, smiling fondly at the memory. It had only been a month or so after activation day. He and Frank had been sprawled out in Gerard's backyard - tangled together as the summer grass tickled their skin. They had simply held each other as they watched the sun set, and as the final glimpse of light had disappeared behind the trees, Frank had uttered the three vital words for the first time.

It was one of Gerard's favorite memories with Frank - despite having far too many treasurable memories with Frank, that one always stood out to him. Gerard would never forget the exact, vivid details of the scene - the way Frank's lips faltered for a second before he said the words, and how they lifted once Gerard had returned them. He remembered exactly how Frank had looked - wearing his favorite, tattered hoodie and a pair of comfy jeans. Gerard remembered how Frank tasted - how his lips had a sweet tinge to them - due to the gummy-worms the two had been sharing while laying there.

And even though it had taken place seven years ago, Gerard still remembered it as if it were yesterday. He could still see the love of his life so vividly in his mind - and how beautiful he had been in the pale glow of the evening.