✦ Falling for You... Literally ✦

Frank tied his laces with a grunt, the grime-covered string tightening around his foot in an almost constricting way. He swiftly twirled the lace around its twin, trying them together into identical loops that soon fell over the shoe once more.

He stood from the bed once repeating the process on the other foot, and he ran his fingers through his tangled locks before exiting his bedroom.

"Sweet Pea!" Frank called as he ran down the stairs in a flurry of footsteps. He walked into the short hallway to the foyer of their home, and was greeted by the little dog running towards him from the kitchen.

Walk?" Frank asked, chuckling as the dog instantly perked up, her ears heightened and her head tilted. She instinctively began running circles around Frank in an excited manner, causing Frank to stumble as he attempted to cross the foyer.

"Sweet Pea! I need to get the leash!" Frank exclaimed after nearly kicking the terrier in the face. She didn't listen, and Frank simply sighed as he reached over her for the leash sitting on the table.

"Hold still." Frank said as he crouched down, attempting to find the ring in Sweet Pea's collar. Once he finally managed to slip the leash through, securing the dog to his hold, she instantly calmed down, panting softly with excitement.

Frank stared at the dog with an unamused look for a moment, before he led her to the door, pulling it open and trailing behind her. Sweet Pea instantly started at a brisk pace, tugging against her collar in an attempt to run faster. Frank didn't have much trouble keeping her from pulling him over, but she certainly could run, and she was most definitely dragging him along. While Frank could refrain from tumbling onto the dog, it didn't stop him from stumbling behind her.

"Woah, woah." Frank said, stopping abruptly, "Calm down, Sweets."

The dog seemed unimpressed by the loss of freedom as Frank stiffened his hold on the leash, but eventually began to trot beside Frank obediently. Frank praised her, and gave her a little pat before allowing her to walk ahead a little bit. She seemed to have worn off her initial walk adrenaline, and was now calmly walking down the street, occasionally stopping to smell a spot in the grass or a fire hydrant.

Frank gazed around at all of the houses they passed as they strolled through their neighborhood, all seeming nearly identical in the perfect, suburban way. Frank's family wasn't the richest in the neighborhood, but they weren't too bad off either. They had enough money to afford their well-sized townhouse, and enough left over to live comfortably. Frank was perfectly content with his life, and didn't mind the fact that he wasn't living in the snobby neighborhood just a few streets over.

The kids on Pinewood Street were absolute pricks. It was the richest neighborhood in the county, and all of the children that resided there seemed to have no sense of humility. Frank wouldn't go as far to say that he hated the Pinewood kids, but he would go as far as to say that he didn't particularly enjoy their company.

Of all of the Pinewood kids that Frank had met, there was only one who he didn't think was a complete and utter ass. Ray Toro, or rather, his best friend, was the only kid who lived on that street and actually had the decency to be polite to other human beings. Ray was quite possibly one of the coolest people that Frank had ever met, and he often wondered how someone so nice could've ended up in such a nasty neighborhood.

The neighborhood wasn't nasty in conventional ways, it was none of the grimy houses with grimy junkies that often lined the trashier neighborhoods of Jersey, no it was nasty in the way of the people that resided in it. It wasn't just the kids, as Frank had been rambling on about earlier, it was the parents too. They would all brag about their fancy kitchens and their brand-new, shining cars, and their diamonds and jewelry and luxuries. And sure, Pinewood was by far not the nicest neighborhood in Jersey, but the people there were... well-suited, in terms of money.