Billiard - (Levi x Reader)

(Art by inunekosukii)

***

You threw your last 'good night' as the soldiers went back to their dorms. It was a blast. The expedition turned out to be another success. You had never seen the soldiers in such joy. People were drinking, singing, some even dancing. They were celebrating as if the titans were gone.

You exhaled loudly, starting to clean the mess they created. Another thing that made them excited was the new pool table in the headquarters, presented by one of the aristocrats in wall Sina, God knows for what reason. The second they delivered it here, the soldiers had never been more excited. Some started to make bets with each other, and you enjoyed their bickering.

You grabbed the cue, tidying them up on the table. "What are you doing so late?" Your heard turned the hall, spotting Levi there, crossing his arms. "Could ask you the same." You said, examining the pool table. You walked around it as Levi studied your every move. He released a soft breath, finding himself lucky to catch you alone.

"You play?" Said Levi, walking next to you. You hummed, shaking your head. "No... I've never seen one until now actually. Pool tables are too expensive." You said, followed by a little laugh. "I don't think the folks were playing this by the rules." You continued.

Levi agreed, "No, they don't." Shaking his head, starting to help you clean up. You raised your brow, "You know how to play?"

You heard him scoffed, "I came from the underground. What do you think?" You nodded and acknowledged him. "Make bets, most of 'em." He continued. He grabbed one of the sticks, looking at the table.

You argued whether should you ask him or not. "Can you... teach me?"

Levi dragged his gaze to you, a scoff escaped his lips. "Why?" He said, leaning the stick as he slowly made his way to you.

"Because I want to know. I want to join the others. Maybe even play with you." He didn't respond for a second, as if he was taking in your words. He then raised the cue in his hands, passing it to you. You looked at him before dragging your gaze down to the stick.

Taking it in your hands, he picked up another one, starting to give you the instructions. You held the cue as how he described. You bent your body over to the table, holding onto the cue correctly. Levi moved behind you, gently placing his hand on yours. You released a subtle breath as he guided you. "Hold it like this." Said Levi, putting each of your fingers on the right spot on the cue. He placed your left hand on the table, holding out the stick.

Levi curled your right hand on the other end of the cue, pressing it to your waist. "For beginners, you can put the tip between your thumb and index finger, like this," He lifted your thumb slightly, setting the cue on it.

Your heart fluttered, feeling the heat rising to your cheeks for how close your bodies were. You felt his chest on your back, feeling the slight pressure when he inhaled a breath. You had never been this close to him before. You never really planned this, let alone you didn't even know Levi could play. But that did not mean you want this to stop. You felt his breathing in your ear that made you shiver.

"Balance your cue, and then aim." He brought your hand backwards, helping you aim. When he thought you got the right angle, he pulled himself away from you. "Go ahead, take your hit." He said. You missed his body against you already. You shook your mind off, focusing back on the target ball and pushed the cue forward, hitting the cue ball in the centre, breaking the form of the arranged balls.