Strength - (Captain!Levi x Married!Noble!Reader)

There's a Hamilton reference here. See if you can spot it. :)

Note;
(G/n), guy's name

***

Y/n's POV

God! I wished I never agreed to the marriage. He wasn't even someone you could call a husband! I just wished I could get away. He didn't even care about me, probably just marry me to boost his reputation. Ugh, how I wished my father didn't force me into this.

But at least, there was someone I meet up on the manor rooftop every night. He was way more a gentleman than my current 'husband' was. And... I love him.

Levi was an amazing man. We met the first time at a ball in the capital, two years ago. He was well dressed in his formal Survey Corps uniform. Oh, how handsome he looked that time. Since then he visited me on the roof of my manor. No one knew about him and me.

Just as I thought about him, he appeared behind me using his gear. "Hey, Princess."

"Levi, I told you not to call me that." I shook my head as I approach him. "Sorry, couldn't help it."

I giggled, pulling him into a blissful kiss. He cupped my cheek, tilting my head. "You sure your husband won't come up here?"

"Nah, he's always busy picking up which wine is best." I waved off the thought. Levi took a step back, pulling something out of his pocket.

"Happy Birthday." He wished, handing me a rose. I felt my cheeks getting warmer as I gladly accepted the rose. "Aww, you remember."

"Of course, I do. I'm not like that bastard of a husband of yours." Levi grimaced, staring off the distance. I was charmed by his actions, brushing his cheek with my fingers.

"Thank you, Levi. Really."

Levi took my hands in his, kissing them lovingly as he then locked his eyes onto mine. "I wish I can bring you to a better life." He whispered. My heart melted at his words, "Aww, Levi..." I leaned in and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"You already made my life better."

My life had been a bore ever since I was born. Yes, living in wall Sina had its glory and anything, but I was living in a cage. A cage inside a cage. But ever since I came across Levi, it was like he brought a key. Sure I was still inside these walls, but at least I had something to smile for again. Sometimes I wished he would take me out somewhere, yet he couldn't, given his high rank in the scouts and if he got caught walling with a wife of a nobleman, it would make the papers gone crazy.

>>>

Third-Person View

The next day, Levi was surrounded by his friends. They found out about his little missy. They knew Levi would not easily let someone into his heart, and when they heard Levi was actually seeing someone, they got super curious.

"Well, I must say, Levi. I'm glad you found someone." Erwin stated, taking a seat on the couch. Levi didn't feel like talking to anyone about his romance, and yet he wanted to.

"Come on, Levi. This is the first time I ever see you in love. Why don't you bring her here?" Hange chirped, closing in on Levi as they took a seat. Levi grabbed his teacup by the rim, bringing it to his lips.

"I can't. Even if I want to, it's unlawful." He replied shortly. Hange whined, throwing her head back. "Unlawful? Hah! As if you obey them."

Levi clicked his tongue, shooting glares at her. "She's married." Erwin raised his brow, his attention was focused on Levi.