Chances [Pt 1] - (Cheater!Levi x Pregnant!Reader)

[Modern AU]

***

You gasped at the doctor's words. "You're four weeks pregnant. Congratulations!"

You smiled in joy and put your hand to your mouth. "Oh my God!" You laughed lightly, putting a gentle hand on your stomach. You couldn't believe it. You were pregnant with Levi's child.

"This is amazing. Thank you, Doctor Yeager." You nodded your head at the man. He fixed his glasses and replied with the same. "I'll be expecting you to have an appointment with me in a few weeks. Perhaps maybe bring your husband the next time."

"I will. Thank you!" You were overjoyed. You couldn't wait to tell Levi the news.

But the joy in your chest died when you saw him in a car in front of your house, with Petra. Their face pressed together, his hand roaming on her body. Your heart shattered seeing the scene. You clutched your chest, tears threatening to spill. You couldn't move any of your body, you lost your breath. You felt the world around you spin as you tried to find your balance.

You rushed to the back where you entered your house from the backdoor. You rested on a couch, trying to process what you just saw. Eventually, you let out a few quiet sobs while your mind wandered off.

Why did he do it? Weren't you enough for him? Why did you do wrong to make him do it?

"Hey, I'm home." Levi's voice echoed to the hall, alerting his presence. You quickly wiped your face, clearing any signs of sadness. Standing up, you approached him.

"Hi..." You forced a smile. Levi noticed your red nose and asked, "You okay?" You badly wanted to slap him, or punch him, anything. You shook your head, "I'm fine" you lied.

Levi nodded, taking off his jacket and hung it on the rack. You saw Petra's car drove off through the window. "Who's that?"

"I asked a friend to drive me home."

Friend. Of course.

You put a hand to your arm and looked away. You didn't have the strength to even look at him in the eye. You put a hand to your stomach, thinking about telling him or not. For the first time in your life, you doubted telling Levi something important.

"Did you make dinner?" Levi asked, paying no attention to you and walked to the kitchen. It all made sense. How he never kiss you after he got home from work, or hugged you from behind whenever you're cooking.

"No, I'm tired. Just have a take out." You shook your head, heading to your bedroom. Levi stared at you storming off. He shrugged it off and opened the fridge to find anything.

Meanwhile, you shut your door, hands clasped to your mouth as you silently cried. You crept onto your bed and tucked yourself in, not caring if Levi would join or not.

>>>

You watched him entering your house, with the ginger-haired girl in his hand. You stayed there, few meters away from the house in your car where you planned everything. It had been three months since you found out about his affair. You chose not to talk to him about it.

You sighed, stepping out of your car to go inside the house. You already packed your belongings into your car and all you need to do now was to see how would he react.

"I'll be working late tonight,"

You remembered the last text he sent you. You told him you were spending some time in your friend's house, which was a lie. You knew he would bring her home. You stepped into your front door, the ambience felt different already. Turned out those two years of marriage was a waste of time.

You passed the hall to your tv room where you saw him already shirtless, body pressed against hers. You scowled at the sight.

Was I not enough?

They both turned to you when you flicked the light switch on. "Y/n!" He said. His eyes widened upon seeing you standing still, not splitting them apart or anything. He pulled away from the girl and walked up to you. "Look, it's not what-"

You cut him off, putting up your hand and shaking your head. "I just want to give you this." You said, trying not to show off any emotions. You handed him a pen, glancing at the papers laid on the table next to you, divorce papers. Levi caught the papers as he then snapped his head to you. "No, listen. We don't need this."

"Oh, suddenly there's a 'we'?" You spoke up, scrunching your nose. "I am not an idiot, Levi. I know what you've been doing." You shook your head, suddenly a tear formed in your eyes. You glanced at Petra, your ex-friend. She laid on the couch, covering her top with Levi's shirt.

"I don't understand how you think I'm not enough. If I am not, you can just talk to me. I would've listened." You pleaded with Levi as he reached out for you. You stepped back, taking a breath.

Of course, you didn't want to leave. There were many memories to be left behind. You badly want to tell him the news. For three and a half months, you had been carrying his child and yet you refused to tell him, you thought he didn't deserve to know. You hid it from him, just like he hid his affair from you.

You ignored Levi's attempt to plead with you, shutting your eyes tight. "Levi, I don't want to hear it." You snapped. You sighed, pulling out what used to be your wedding ring, and placed it down on the papers. You looked back at him, one last time. "Goodbye, Levi." You parted, walking out the house.

"Wait, Y/n!" Levi followed you out. You looked at him over your shoulder. "We... We haven't got the chance to talk about this yet." He pleaded.

You furrowed your brows at his words. "Are you serious?!" You raised your voice, turning to him. "I gave you three months to talk about it to me. I gave you a chance to change! But what?" You felt tears on the corner of your eyes as they started to spill. He waited for you, lost in his words. "You never come clean to me."

Levi's lips curved down as you continued, "If you did... And apologised... I would have listened... I would've given you time to sort it out." You cracked up, feeling the tears sliding down your cheeks. Levi stared at you hopelessly, his eyes full of regret. You breathed in, saying goodbye to him once more and left.

>>>

You laughed along with your five-year-old daughter as you took her to an amusement park. You had moved on from your previous life in Trost and moved to a small town named Shiganshina. You could say things turned out great. You had a stable job, a nice home, and surprisingly... You had a new partner.

"Isabelle, look what I got!" Erwin came up to the both of you, holding up a stuffed animal. Isabelle gasped loudly and screeched. "Cute!" She chanted and rushed to him, taking the toy.

Your heart warmed at how Erwin was so passionate about her. You met him four years ago, it only took you a few months until you were officially dating. And to your surprise, you didn't think about Levi that often. Erwin knew about you getting divorced. He understood that you didn't like to talk about it. Most important of all, you were happy.

You made sure you didn't leave anything before you go home. While Erwin was with Isabelle riding on one last attraction, you sorted everything out. That was when you met up with him.

"Y/n..."

You stilled on hearing that voice. Slowly, you turned around to face him. It had been five years, yet here he was.

"Levi..."

***

Sorry I had to use Petra on this

This one has a sequel! You can read it in my Erwin one-shot!