Desprate - (Levi x Kidnapped!Reader)

(Art by gigi_ytk)

***
Third-Person View

"However, there is one more thing I'd like to say." Yelena further discussed, digging something out of her pocket. Levi watched her pull out an envelope, setting it down on the table.

"It's about your wife." She spoke. The topic caused Levi to tense as his eyes widened. His hands formed into a fist as his jaw was clenched. "How do you know about her? She's dead!"

Yelena shook her head, holding up her hand. "No... If anything she's alive." Levi let out a shocked gasp, brows raised as his jaw dropped. Beside him, Hange stood up from her seat, her chair fell from the impact. "What are you saying?!"

"It's true." Onyankopon reconfirmed them. The Survey Corps veterans had their jaws hung at the news. Levi shook his head desperately, denying the fact. "No, no she's dead! I saw her-"

"You saw her being taken, not killed. She is held back in Marley, for information of what have you people known so far, at first. But I didn't hear the warriors say anything about killing her." Yelena continued.

Levi narrowed his eyes, "At first?"

Yelena sighed, taking a sip of her tea. "She was pregnant. They wanted to keep the baby. For the baby is an Ackerman." Hange snapped her head to Levi, checking her friend. Levi snarled and stood up, his face held anger and distress. "How-... No! I don't believe you!"

Yelena's lips curved slightly, "She said you'd say that. Here." She pushed the envelope on the table to him. Levi stared down at the white paper, his eyes shaking, hesitating in whether should he or not open it.

Levi clicked his tongue, snatching the letter from the table. Tearing it open, he took out the paper inside. The colours in his face faded as he read the first words, recognizing the writing,

'Dear Levi,'

Yelena stood up, "We'll leave you be." She walked out of the tent, Onyankopon following her behind.

((Onyankopon best pilot👊😤))

Levi let out a shaky breath, sitting back down in the chair as he tried to focus on the letter. "Levi... Are they-"

"They're telling the truth." He interrupted her. He clutched onto the paper, resting his elbows on his knees. He clenched his teeth, taking the fact that the love of his life was alive and was carrying his child.

"Do you need... Some time alone?" Hange stepped closer to him. Seeing him clouded by his own mind, she decided to let him be.

Levi glued his eyes to Y/n's writings, no words coming out of his lips. He took in a breath and read the letter once more.

'Dear Levi,

You may not believe what are these people saying. But I'll tell you, they're not wrong. There might be something about them that I failed to understand but I'm just glad they're willing to help you. And I'm glad they came by to me, thus allowing me to send this to you.

Yes, Levi. I am alive.

They call themselves Warriors, our enemy. They took me here. Because I was pregnant. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I was afraid you'd be worried about me. You see, I just found out the day before we went on our last expedition. I didn't tell anyone, not even Hange. I'm so sorry, Levi. I caused our child trouble before he was even born.