Helpless - (Levi x Noble!Reader)

(Art by maino_merry)

You read the title
You know what this is
Yes, it is what you think it is
Let's go
And please, that video is my favourite version of the song.

***

You let out a long sigh as you tighten your gloves and throwing 'hello' here and there. Honestly, you were tired of attending balls as such. But given your position of one of the highest nobles amongst others within Wall Sina, you didn't quite have any choice.

At least you enjoyed the music and the buffet. Though you didn't know it, this night might change your life. You waltz across the room as a friend of yours from the Survey Corps came by.

"Y/n! I thought you wouldn't make it!" Hange practically screamed when she spotted you. You gave her a small wave as she pulled you into a very tight embrace. "I could've stayed at home. But my father insisted, so did you." You muttered.

"So, how are you? I haven't seen you in a long time!" Hange began as you walked together. "Well, you know me. I'm just glad my father didn't force me to marry someone I don't know." You joked. She laughed lightly as the night continued.

Soon, everybody started dancing and the band was top volume. You strolled around, nothing to do in particular as you watched Hange dance with one of her friends. As you grabbed a glass of water from a waiter passing by, you saw him walked in and your heart went boom.

You'd never believed in love at first sight before, that was, until tonight. You swear to God your heart beat faster as you tried to catch his eye from the side of the ballroom. You drank your water, looking at him from the rim of the glass. His black hair shone from the light, his god-like grey eyes, you mentally swoon as you asked yourself how could a man be so perfect.

You heard your name being called as you tore your gaze to Hange approaching you. "Why are alone? Did no one ask you to dance? Or did you turn them down-"

You tuned her out as you refocused your gaze on the ravenette. Hange waved her hands in the air, desperately trying to catch your attention. She followed your gaze across the room, a small gasp escaped her lips as she realized. "Ooh, you're in love~"

Now that made your head snapped at her. "Wh-what- Psh... No! I'm just... He's just... I'm not- haha..." You nervously shook off her words, shaking your head. She hummed in curiosity, crossing her hands. You looked at her eyes, taking a sip and looking away.

"You're blushing."

You rolled your eyes, letting out a breath, "Oh! Okay! He's charming! It's just... He's..." You muttered, looking back at the ravenette. "I never thought you'd fall for Shorty. Oh, this will be great! I bet Levi will like you!" Hange squealed, her mind going off about the two of you. Your ears perked at the name. Levi. So that was how he looked like. You've heard the name, Captain Levi, Humanity's Strongest Soldier, but you never actually met him.

A grin appeared on Hange's face as she happily made her way across the room to Levi as you got nervous even more, thinking what she was gonna do. You could tell they were good friends by the way Hange greeted him and how Levi shrugged her off. You watched the scene from afar, hands curling on your dress as you started to pace around. Their conversation lasted for a while before Hange managed to get him to follow her. Your eyes widened as they met his, walking down to you. You looked away, hiding your tinted cheeks.

"I don't want to do your shits, Hange." Levi barked at the Scientist as she grinned, walking to your side. "Naw, come on, Levi. I want you to meet my friend." You had no choice but to turn around as Hange pulled your arms.