Warmth - (Injured!Levi x Reader)

(Art by Hajime Isayama)

I want to say something. Probably shouldn't have said the things in the last OS.

For my tall readers, Sorry if I offend you about your heights. I won't make the readers the same height as Levi now. But forgive me if you spot some words/sentence that says the reader is short. That's all. Once again, I'm sorry.

Warning; Spoiler from chapter 126!

***

You ran as fast as you could, looking over your shoulder to see if any of the Yeagerist was trailing you. If it wasn't because of those kids, you wouldn't have been able to escape the prison. You took every supply you could get your hands on. Hopefully, you found your way to Levi's location before they could, knowing that Hange was leading them to it.

Rain poured down as you found a river and horse trails. Made you wonder how did it get there. Unless Levi was relocating. You followed the river until you entered the deep woods, hoping to find someone. As you made your way deeper into the woods, you found a couple of those Yeagerist on a watch. But Hange was nowhere in sight. Until the two men were shot, dropping dead to the ground.

"What?" You questioned yourself, finding your way to where the aim was set. Whoever that was, they were on your side. You pushed a thick bush as a rifle was aimed towards you.

"No, wait!" You shouted, putting your hands in the air. "Y/n?!" To your surprise, it was Hange. You released a breath as she tackled you in a hug. You put up a small smile, wrapping your arms around her. "I'm so glad you're here!" She chanted.

You laughed a little, patting her back. "That's my line. What are you doing here?!" You put your hands on her shoulders, pushing her off. "I... Well... It's hard to explain." Instead, she took you deep in the bushes. You released a small gasp as your eyes widened at the sight.

Levi was motionless, half of his face hidden beneath a white bandage as he laid there, under the sheets. You quickly ran after him, dropping to your knees beside him. Putting a hand to his chest, he was breathing, that was a relief. "What happened?"

Hange explained the whole thing, starting from when she heard an explosion when she was leading the Yeagerist to the location where Zeke was hidden. Later on, she found Levi got caught in an explosion of a thunder spear.

"It was a miracle that he survived the explosion," Hange said, kneeling next to a small pot she put up for cooking. "I managed to stitch him up, in the meantime, I had to camp out here." She further explained. You turned your gaze back to Levi as he breathed shallow breaths.

You grabbed his hand, realizing he was missing a couple of fingers. You pressed his hand to your lips, planting a soft kiss. It was true what Hange said, it was a miracle.

"Thank you, Hange. If you told them he was alive, he'd be dead." You turned to Hange, giving her a half-smile, one which she replied with her own. "You don't have to thank me. He is my friend too."

You spent the next few hours beside him, whispering sweet nothing as you let his hand close to your lips as if he could hear you. At some times, you helped Hange on making the wagon to carry him back to the walls. But as you helped her, the woods around you shifted into nothing but endless void and sands. The sky was blue and purple at the same time as you saw a sea of people from afar. A tall tree, that looked more like a beacon was seen with branches in the sky.

"Hear me, all Subjects of Ymir." You recognized Eren's voice in an instant. Hange looked around, her face looked just as confused as you. Eren explained how he gathered all the Eldians in the place called Path using the power of the founding titan. He also explained his plan for the world. His genocide plan.

In a blink of an eye, everything reverted the way it was before. You gasped and turned to Hange beside you. "Was that-"

"He did it..." You answered in hesitation. "Zeke...is with him..."

The second his name left your lips, Levi stirred awake. "Tch... Where..." You gasped another breath when you turned around, seeing Levi suddenly sitting up. You rushed towards him, Hange behind you. "Levi, you don't need to get up!" You ushered him to lay back down. As he did so, he released a long breath. "The beast... Where is that piece of shit?"

"Zeke went to Shiganshina District with the Yeagerist. It's been half a day." Hange explained as you got a grip of his hand. He explained how he got caught in an explosion as such, how he failed to realize that Zeke was prepared to die. The way he explained with such sadness as if he lost everything, broke your heart.

"I'm just glad you're finally awake. We can leave for Shiganshina first thing tomorrow. I'll leave you two alone. I'll go find some food for us to eat." Hange said, putting a hand to your shoulder as she then left. You wished her luck as you went back to Levi.

"I'm so glad you're alive!" You couldn't help but let out a tear. Levi reached his hand up, wiping off the tears from your cheeks. He suddenly flinched, realizing something. "You didn't drink any wine, right?" He asked. You shook your head, hopefully, the answer relaxed him in a way. Levi sighed in relief, closing his eyes.

"No, you don't have to worry about that." You put up a weak smile. You released a breathy laugh, couldn't believe that you're reunited with your husband after a long time, how grateful you were to see him well. You bent over him, lightly pressing your forehead to his as he cupped your cheek in one hand. "Stop crying, brat. I'm fine." You laughed at his words, pressing a kiss to his lips through the bandage, but he knew you meant it.

"I'm just glad to see you again after months. I worried Zeke was going to do some shit and he did. And I wasn't there! I'm sorry!" You sobbed, curling next to him as he embraced you in his arms. He rubbed your shoulder, quietly shushing you. "It's not your fault. Don't apologize."

You hid your face onto the skin of his neck, feeling comfortable underneath his touch and warmth. The feeling of it curved your lips into a smile. "I'm sorry. You're the one who's injured and I'm the one who's wailing." You chuckled a little, which he replied with his own. "You're always wailing whenever I'm injured." He replied. You smiled, looking up at him, only to see him already had his eye on you. Though he was covered in bandages, you could picture him smiling at you.

You curled up against him, gently putting your hand on his bare chest as he put his hand over it, caressing your soft skin with his thumb. Despite all the fights you've been through, you were very much grateful to be in his arms again. Though you couldn't deny the lump in your heart. "Is it bad... That I'd rather things were as they were back then, just slaughtering the titans and staying behind the walls?" You broke the silence.

"You don't have to feel bad about it. We're under a lot of pressure. But... It is what it is." Levi replied, pressing his cheek to your head as you hummed slightly. Comforted underneath his warmth, you let your drained self rest your eyes. Levi pulled you closer to him so you get all the tenderness he could give you. Still exhausted from all his fights, he closed his eyes, joining you in your slumber.

"Hey, I found some supply-" Hange went back to the camp and quickly shut herself when she saw both of your hibernating forms, cuddling each other. The sight of it made her smile warmly as she put down the ingredients for dinner. She walked over to you, pulling the sheet over your body as she let both of you rest through the night.

"At least someone's enjoying themselves."