Chapter five

Travis POV

Why is she calling me in the middle of the night? I ask turning back to my phone after watching Lynn storm off. Once she was out of hearing distance I picked up the phone.

"What could you possibly want at this hour Desiree?"

"Ooo still love it when you call my government. I'm sorry, am I interrupting something? Some hussy-"

"Desiree. What."

"I was just calling to remind you of Trina's recital later."

"Yeah, I know. I always know, goodnight."

"Wait-" She doesn't have time to reply as I hang up in her face pissed that she really called me at this hour about something she knows I'm always there for. I'm starting to believe she has anywhere I go bugged because she never fails to ruin my moments.
Some life advice? Wrap it up. I sigh as I pocket my phone before heading back upstairs. As I make my way past Lynn's door, I notice a silent buzzing noise and smirk. You dirty girl... Deciding to leave her be, I walk further down to my room and hop in the bed.

..........

Lynn POV

I awake at the sound of my alarm going off, letting me know that it was time to hop up and fix breakfast before I head out. Groaning, I hop out of bed and make my way to the bathroom to go get rid of this morning breath. Once I'm done, I grab my phone and head downstairs. I connect my phone to the Alexa tin the kitchen before getting the food out to prep. I was in the mood for some French toast, eggs, fresh fruits and bacon, and I'm pretty sure Travis wouldn't object to it since his other option would be wheaties. Burna boy gets to playing on his station and I'm in the groove, completely in my own world, wining about the kitchen floor and cooking. I even figure out how to work an actual coffee maker instead of boiling hot water on the stove like I usual did home.

"Someone's in a good mood." Travis announces as he walks into the room and I jump up in shock at being discovered.

"Jesus Christ Travis you scared me!" I huff as turn around to the food on the stove, still slightly upset about last night.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your fun by all means continue." He jokes and I roll my eyes. "What's for breakfast?"

"Some French toast, fresh fruits, scrambled eggs and bacon." I say as I check the bacon before pouring myself a cup of coffee. "Coffee?"

"Nah, I'll fix myself some orange juice and that sounds good as h3ll.." He states before heading over to the fridge, pulling a glass from the cabinet and pouring himself some juice. Just as I'm about to say something else there is a ring at the door. I watch as Travis makes his way over to the door, peeking out and lets out a loud sigh in annoyance before he opens the door. Some chick with a fashionova get up comes strolling through the door with a smirk on her face and a bag in her hand. She was a pretty woman, but I could tell she had a whole lot of attitude. What the...

"What are you doing here Desiree?" Travis asks and you can tell by his voice he was highly annoyed. The woman goes to comment then notices the music and the smell coming from the kitchen and moves her attention my way.

"Came to drop off Trina's things since she is staying with you tonight....didn't know hired hookers cooked?" She says in a questioning tone while giving my outfit a glance over. Mind you I'm still in my pajamas from last night. I know tf...

"I'm getting paid to cook ma'am. Definitely less stressful than laying on my back and birthing meal tickets." I reply with a smile, "Wanna try my French toast?"