Chapter nineteen

Lynn POV

"Damn." I say as I look at the two negative tests. I can't lie, I was relieved, but I don't think Joe was and that kind of made me feel bad for him. I know he was excited to finally get one, but it just wasn't our time. Hell it just isn't my time.

"Yeah...we'll good thing it's not pregnancy right?" Joe says trying to fake the enthusiasm and I give him a small smile.

"Yeah, hey listen, I know you probably wouldn't mind kids right now and I don't mind them eventually, but can we do things the right way? You know I don't just want 'accidents' to happen, I want a baby to be planned and wanted from the get go. Okay?" He nods in agreement.

"You're right. I just got excited thinking about having a mini me or a mini you running around finally making good use of this house." He says, "but I agree, I can wait." I playfully smack my lips, pulling him into a hug.

"Good. Now let's go back downstairs and whoop some ass in spades."

"Spades? I don't know how to play that." He says looking confused. He's so cute.

"I'll teach you, quickly. Now come on." I grab his hand and drag him down to where the gang was.

"It's about time yall finally come out. My team is ready to beat some ass." Tanya says as Jay puts his arm on her shoulder, nodding in agreement.

"That's funny, because we were just thinking about doing the same thing." Jimmy says.

"Mhm." Dreya follows.

"Well while you guys are thinking, we actually plan on whooping ass so let's do it!" Joe says and he goes to pull out the games while I go sit on the couch where we would be sitting.

................

"Draw 4 b*tches!" Jay yells as he slams the card on the table for Dreya and Jimmy. They reluctantly pull their cards and we get ready for our next move.

"What color?"

"Uh...green." Jay decides after he confides in Tanya and me and Joe give each other that look before throwing down our cards.

"Uno b*tchesss!" I yell as I high five Joe and the others throw down their cards.

"Man that's some bull! I'm tired of losing, let's take this little charade to the gym and play some basketball." Jimmy says and I mentally smirk because those fools don't know I played point guard in high school and briefly in college before I got injured.

"I don't know, I'm a little rusty when it comes to that." I say. "I haven't thrown a ball in years." Lie.

"It's settled then! Let's go play. But I want the women versus the men." Jay suggests and the guys high five and we roll our eyes.

"That's fine! We are faster anyways!" Tanya and Dreya were track runners so there was no lie in that. I'm sure they could hit some layups if they got past them for sure. Not to mention Tanya was pretty tall, she definitely had a chance at rebounding.

"Well let's go, meet y'all in the gym in 15. Get your game plan ready me and the boys finna chillout." Joe says standing and I bump his shoulder as I walk past him.

"I suggest you guys take your 15. You know, the old guys should hydrate." Me and the girls giggle while the guys let off dry laughs. "We're gonna get dressed." Me and the girls throw on some gym clothes, me putting on shorts and a cut out T over my tank. I was ready to kick some ass, the usos, all of them were very arrogant when it came to games. Once we were ready, we go to the gym to see the guys having a little jam session and we go ahead and stretch.

"Woweee, if the challenge was to dress it up and look good you guys definitely win." Jay says and I roll my eyes.

"Can we just play? You guys get first ball." I say and they shrug.

"Fine. First to 15." I nod and get on Joe. The game gets started and I'm not gonna lie, the guys get three off back to back and I switch to their main shooter, Jimmy. He must've had some background experience the way he handled the ball so his ass was mine. He tries to do a little shimmy on me and I steal the ball, squeezing through the guys to get the layup. They proceed to say I got lucky so when the game broke again I let off a three, making the score 6-5, boys still up.

"Timeout!" I say and I huddle with the girls. "Okay yall, it's time to start playing dirty. You're fast, you're cute, use that to your advantage so we can whoop their asses." I whisper and they nod. "Okay, let's do this!"

"You girls ready to finish this?" Joe asks and I go up to him with the ball. He was guarding me and I was ready to turn the heat up. I turn around dribbling and he was all on me like white on rice, so I bump him to distract him before taking the ball and running it right down to the hole. "So we cheating now?"

"Oh don't be an nba wuss." I say jokingly. We get up to 10 before they score again but we ultimately end up winning.

"Bet you won't doubt a bunch of girls again." Tanya says and we agree while they just blow us off.

"We will be taking our prizes in bottles of wine and homemade dinners ladies." I tease and Joe rolls his eyes.

"Look, all I can do is throw a couple things on the grill. That cool?" Joe asks and I smirk.

"That's fine babe, make sure you wear that apron I got you." I say and he groans. He and the guys were definitely going to pay for all the shit they talked.

We laugh as they put on their aprons

"You guys look hot, like 1960s, stay at home wife thats trying to keep a happy home, hot." Dreya jokes and we laugh.

"We're gonna go get cleaned up and start on that wine. You guys be good." I say and we leave to get washed up and changed into our nightwear, grabbing a good bottle from Joe's cellar.

................

"Wait wait wait, so you snagged dude's chef, turn around and practically knock dudes nose off his face and he still had the nerve to approach you again? That's some crazy shit." Jay says, chuckling.

"Then to top it off, the crazy ass baby mama thought it was cool to contact her because he was sad. Like what kind of sense does that make?" Tanya asks.

"Yeah the situation was beyond me. I'm glad I saw Lynn before this fool got her any more involved with him and his drama." Joe says as he takes a swig of his drink. We had all settled in the theater, waiting to get the movie started and everything settled beforehand. They had mentioned how they heard about the incident so of course we had to tell everything. I was just so glad to be done with the whole ordeal.

"Alright yall I am finished now let's get this movie started." Jimmy says as he plops down next to Dreya. Everyone quiets down as the lights dim and I glance over at Joe only to see him already staring at me.

"What?" I whisper.

"Nothing. Just...glad I met you."

"Shhhh!" Jay shushes dramatically and we give him the stank look. "Sorry."

"I'm glad I met you too."

...........................
How you thought a made b*tch was pregnant by a CO? (In my JT voice lmao)
Thanks for readinggggggg!

Like
Comment
Follow
Shareeee