Chapter ten

Just to show my guy Joe in action ^^

"Girllll you getting bank what the hell?! I'm about to start flipping bacon my damn self." Tanya states and I shake my head chuckling.

"Yes girl, we chatted last night and I was just like...this is unreal is there some stipulation to this? Because if not I'll drop out now and become his personal chef for life." I joke. We were sitting in the mall food court in Augusta after doing a little much needed shopping spree.

"I wouldn't even blame you if you did. Now...this Joe character does he have a brother, a dad, hell even a sister?" Tanya asks with a raised brow and I burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Girl, you know you are not licking the split."

"I might for that kind of bank." She stated before taking a sip of her smoothie and I snort.

"So foolish."

"You said you guys talked? Like on the phone talk? At night? Freaky deets?" She asks and I roll my eyes.

"We talking business T. He's actually really nice and seems interested in making sure I'm comfortable before anything. Laying everything on the table from the get go."

"And how does Travis feel about his live in chef running off to another business venture for a few days? Think he can suffice without you?" She jokingly asks and I squint at her.

"Screw him."

"Ouch, didn't we try that already?"

"Oh shut up!" I toss a fry at her and she goes to catch it in her mouth. "The asshat was trying to 'warn me' more like block me from an opportunity Bc he wants my business all to himself."

"Aww, lover boy doesn't want to share his Mac and cheese."

"He's not even stirring this pot, he has no say." I shrug.

"That's the thing sis, he doesn't want someone stirring the pot before he does. Adding all they cream cheese and shit..."

"Okay can we stop talking about Mac and cheese?!" I facepalm trying to hold back my laughter.

"Okay okay! I'm sure the new boss man would love to see you in something other than that apron."

"Why do you think I brought these summer dresses? Oh baby, all of Atlanta about to see this cornbread fed ass!" We laugh loudly high diving each other and getting stares.

"That's what I'm talking about bitch! Let's go." We conclude our shopping date and get back on the road home.

..............

Travis POV

"Wait a minute, so your lawyer, the guy you're trying to reel in to your business is 'stealing your chef from under your nose' ?" Leo asks as he snacks away at my popcorn that he helped himself to when he came to my house.

"Yes. He is, you know he has her booked for three days in like two weeks for some bs event at the highland. Yet I know what his true intentions are and to be fair I saw her first." I huff and Leo looks over at me with a 'seriously' look on his face.

"Dude you sound like a 6 year old who doesn't want to share his new Superman toy. Look, I like Lynn, she's a cool girl which is why you should probably just let that situation be and keep a good cook!"

" I can get a cook anywhere. I want her." He rolls his eyes.

"Well man, I don't think she wants you. No offense. You gotta get this idea out of your head that she belongs to you or else..." he pauses.