Chapter twelve

Joe's POV

I didn't expect to yearn for her like this. I didn't expect to be so anxious to see her again that I cancel meetings just to go and retrieve her from her home. Inviting her into both of my homes was a wild move on my part as well. The penthouse was no stranger to different women but my home was my sanctuary and I invited her in. I had her in the palm of my hands and then her clueless puppy calls and interrupts at the right time. I didn't know what history they had, but from Lynn it sounded as though this infatuation was definitely one sided.

I climb out of bed and check the time. Grabbing my phone, I call her as I get up and head over to the bathroom to get cleaned up. She picks up after a couple rings.

"Hello?" She says muffled and I can only assume that I just awaken her from her own sleep, I chuckle.

"I take it the penthouse treated you well last night?" I ask and I hear some shuffling in the background before she answers.

"Joe! Hey, hey I'm up. It was great, I slept like a baby." She lets out a small laugh and I smile.

"Well that's good. I was just calling to check in. You should be down in the kitchen soon though I told the others you would be there first to go over the menu. You can spruce it up how you like."

"Okay, thanks. I'll be ready in about 30." She says.

"Okay, talk to you soon." With that we hang up and I continue to get ready.

Move over lover boy...

..........

Lynn POV

Joe waking me from my sleep annoyed me just like anything else waking me from my sleep but I knew I had to get up and get ready for today. I had stayed up all night snap chatting my view of course, couldn't go without getting my pictures and videos. I climb out of bed and head to bathroom to brush my teeth and wash off again. Afterwards, I throw on a pair of light wash jeans and a black T, figuring that since I would be cooking all I needed was my apron and slip resistant shoes. I grab my phone and keys before locking up and heading downstairs to the kitchen.

When I get in there I'm immediately overwhelmed with the staff and someone must've took notice because they came up to me smiling.

"Ms. Lynn?" I nod. "Hello, I'm Bernard I will be your assistant chef today. Now I hear this is your first day conducting a kitchen but no worries! I have heard great things about you, I will be here every step of the way. Come, let's go look over the menu." He says and I smile following him back into the office. We go over the suggested menu and immediately I start putting my input in. He hands me an apron and we go around the kitchen making sure everything was being made up to par. Today was the day even hosted by Joes firm so we were serving brunch. I felt like Ramsey going around and making sure everything was up to par. That was until I heard him.

"Everything going good so far you guys? The people are pulling in." Joe says and I turn and despite the heat in the kitchen, I could faint just by how good he looked today. Everything he had on cling to him like a second skin, literally fits perfectly. The black Burberry polo, the pants and the low white sneakers.

"Going great, we are ready to start taking orders." I state before turning back to my work. I felt his hand on my shoulder and he gives it a little squeeze before releasing and speaking again.

"Alright you guys, good luck Lynn." He leaves the kitchen and that's when orders finally start coming in and I start calling them out to get them started.

...............

The orders were going out smoothly and so far, it seemed as though everyone was enjoying their dishes since no complaints nor food came back to the kitchen. I was a hot mess though, I felt like my hair was sticking to the back of my neck and I was glad that I wasn't the one doing most of the cooking as usual. The door to the kitchen opens.