Chapter seven

Lynn POV

"So wait, he has invited us to his house for the super bowl party? Oh girl I'm finna get one of them friends of his!" Tanya jokes and i roll my eyes.

"Yeah, watch Joe knock yo head off too playing like that!" I say, "besides, he's only doing it to get me to stay after I prepare the food. He's gonna have his buddies and a couple of family members down for it."

"I hear drunken men with deep pockets? I'm in." Dreya says as she pops her lipgloss. We were over her house for a girls night. Travis had to go out of town, but left my check in my mailbox and said he would be back Saturday night, as if I truly care.

"I hate to see y'all in body bags because you want to dip your spoon in more than one bowl of cereal." I joke whilst tossing some cheez its into my mouth.

"Well I mean, you're not taking one for the team so I guess we'll have to just create our own toxic dramas, right Dreya?" Tanya asks with a smirk and I stick my tongue out at her.

"I don't do toxic dramas. I prefer my love to be correct thank you." I huff.

"Boringggg, besides, we're not saying it would be toxic between you two you guys are just making it toxic between you two. Bone each other and keep it pushing my gosh!" Dreya exclaims and she exaggerates a flop onto her bed and me and Tanya giggle.

"Well I promise you our relationship is more complicated than you think. You'll see, or maybe not he may be one of those private types then you can surely see why I'm not interested in that low down dog of a man." I sass, before turning over and playing a game on my phone signaling that the conversation was over and I was done for the night.

Lord let this be the quickest Super Bowl ever...

................ Sunday ..................

"Ohhhh sh*t! Buddy living niceee!" Tanya exclaims while we pull into the driveway and I giggle.

"Told you, and get this? His dad designed the house. Apparently he designed a bunch it's crazy. I wanna go look at all of them y'all know how I am." I state as I grab my bag from the car.

"We know you do Ms. Interior Designer." Dreya jokes and I give her a playful punch to the arm. We walk up to the door and knock before waiting for him to answer.

"Damn you should have a key by now how often you be over." Tanya snorts.

"It was offered, I declined." I state just before one of his friends opens the door.

"Hello ladies." He says with a smug grin and I mentally do an eye roll.

"Hey, Travis home?" I ask getting right to the point.

"Why look for him when someone like me is right in front of you?" He asks and before I can give a smart response Travis appears in the doorway with an annoyed look.

"Excuse him, I'm Travis." He introduces himself to the girls and I introduce them to him. "This is Leo, one of my boys. He's here super early but the party isn't getting started until later. You know how long it's gonna take you to prep Lynn?"

"Not long."

"Okay, good. I'll take your bag upstairs. Leo lead the ladies to the cave will you." He states before grabbing my bag and turning. Leo signals for the girls to follow him while I head over to the fridge to start prepping. As I'm getting things prepared I hear Travis returning.

"I'm gonna head downstairs too if you're looking for me." He states as my back is turned to him.

"Okay." I reply dryly. It's quiet but I could hear him coming near me and I tensed a little .