20. Not As Beautiful

WARNING: Pedophilia; it's only mentioned in passing, though, that too in a comical sense.

💓

"What type of suits would you like to see, Sir?"

Seokjin's eyes widen. "You work here?", he asks, unable to keep the surprise out of his tone. Well, not his fault that he didn't expect a child to be working in such a luxurious shop. Seokjin is strictly against child labor.

Jimin resists the urge to roll his eyes. "Of course, not. This is my dad's shop and I know everything about the clothes so I try to help the customers. It's a fun way to spend my free time", he says. And while it's not exactly a lie, it's not the whole truth either. He knows the shop by the the back of his hand but he doesn't just help anyone walking in through the door.

Seokjin nods with a smile. "I see. Well, then, show me your best wedding suits", he says. Jimin (once again) resists the urge to do something that would not look polite and starts to bring Seokjin to the suits section.

"These are all of our options. We have other ones, too. But you can have a look at these first and tell me if you find something you like", he says coolly.

Seokjin quickly starts rummaging through what seems like a hundred of suits hung together on the racks, all different and all beautiful. He loves each one of them. Suspecting that Seokjin will take time, Jimin starts carrying out the next part of their plan.

"You know, I saw your fiancè when you entered", Jimin starts casually, trying not to sound like he was about to ruin Seokjin's whole day. "Oh, did you?", Seokjin says with a fond smile. And it's all Jimin needs to know that this man really loves his Namjoon Appa.

He almost feels bad for trying to separate them. Almost.

"I did", he replies. Then, coming a little closer, hand in front of his mouth as if he's telling Seokjin a top secret which no one except them should know about, he starts his little speech full of lies.

"Yeah. Didn't expect him to be the one someone like you would choose", he whispers, gossip mode on. Seokjin frowns at that, smile falling off for the first time while he's in the shop.

"What do you mean?", he asks. Judging by the protective tone of of his voice, Jimin knows he has hit a nerve. He cheers in his head. Taehyung would be so proud.

"Well, don't get me wrong. You're such a handsome man. Just like a real prince. You can get anyone you want. But you chose him. He's good looking, too, don't get me wrong. But you're just on another level. He does not even come close", Jimin says, apologizing to the whatever god there is for spitting out such lies about his beautiful Namjoon Appa. He just hopes Jungkook doesn't hear him somehow.

Seokjin almost scoffs at his words but decides to not take offence. This boy is, after all, just a kid. "Hmm. Now that I think about it, you're not wrong. My fiancè isn't as good looking as me. His eyes are way too sharp, his nose is too small, like a button, and his lips? Oh my god, how plump are they? And his dimples... Gosh, his dimples! What an absolute abomination! I deserve better", he says with a determined lilt to his voice.

He then turns to the teenager. "Okay, let's say I break the engagement, but what then? Who will marry me?", he asks, a fake little pout resting on his plump lips. Jimin is a little stunned by Seokjin's speech but he quickly recovers.

"I'll find you someone!", he quickly says. "Men, women, non-binary people, any gender you prefer! You're so pretty you can get anyone", he says excitedly. Seokjin pretends to be in thought before he bends down a little to be on Jimin's eye level. He smiles.

"Why don't you marry me then?", he teases. Jimin gasps, not having expected that. "But I'm a minor!", he exclaims, incredulous. He hopes Namjoon's fiancè isn't actually a pedophile.

Seokjin shrugs. "See, you don't wanna marry me. That can only mean I'm not as good as you think, right? Guess I'll have to stick with my not so good-looking fiancè", he sighs, going back to looking through the expensive suits.

Only then Jimin understands that Seokjin was pulling his leg this whole time. He has no intention of breaking it off with Namjoon. He was just indulging him for a while.

Jimin wants to hit himself on the head. How did it not occur to him earlier. Why would Seokjin, the person who looks at Namjoon like he hung the moon and the stars, ever listen to a kid? Especially when said kid is telling him his would be husband isn't as handsome as him?

His Appa will be so disappointed in him if Seokjin complains to him about his behavior. "I'm so sorry if I offended you, Sir", he quickly says. "I didn't mean to speak badly about your fiancè. I hope you don't mind me".

Seokjin laughs sweetly. "It's okay, honey. I don't mind. You said what you said. It's not a problem. And trust me, I'm not going to complain about you if that's what you're worried about", he says with a wink, taking out a plain white suit with gold designing around the left chest area, a golden rose peeking out of the pocket.

"I think I like this one", he mutters to himself. And with a smile to Jimin, he's off to the counter. Jimin slumps tiredly against one of the benches, sighing out in relief. As he watches Seokjin's retreating back, he realizes breaking the wedding is not as easy as he had originally thought.

He takes out his phone and dials the first number on his most recent contacts.

"Tae, this isn't gonna work. He's way too nice and loves Namjoon Appa way too much. We have to think of something else".

Lmao Jimin really thought he would tell Seokjin Joonie isn't handsome and he'd change his mind just like that

PS. Check out my new video! https://youtu.be/eVB2CCrnXV4 (though I'm not sure you'd understand it if you don't know Hindi hehe)